Pool groupies

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UUUUUUUUUUUh , the way you have that written implies that it's OK to call them that after . . . . . . . . is this P/C ?

I could name PLENTY for question 2) , but a gentleman doesn't jizz n' tell . . . . :grin-square:

I knew chivalry was still alive! :wink:

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only person I've seen that I'd call a groupie was a guy. He can't play worth a damn but he runs off at the mouth about the good players and pros, making games for them in their absence like their personal agent. If there's a good player present, he's close enough at all times that he might be holding a belt loop.
Succinctly, someone with so little of merit in their own lives that they have to live vicariously through people who've accomplished nothing in their lives except for being above average at a game.

blah blah

Shoebat
Okay, Ive heard this term thrown around a few times in the pool world. One drunk guy (not naming names) ALMOST called me one. His nuts ALMOST met my knee. :lovies: Anyway here are my questions
1) What is a pool groupie? please be detailed.
2) Are there any pool groupies that you can name?
3) Do any of the ladies out there find the term pool groupie offensive (if you're a man answering, then what does your inner woman think)
4) Should I have kicked him in the nuts?

You wanted women especially to respond, but I doubt I'll be much help.

1. I'm not really sure. It sounds like it could be either a pool whore or a starstruck semi-poolplayer.

2. I didn't care enough to remember any names, but yes, I've seen and heard both kinds. The very few pool whore stories that I've let people tell me are pretty darned shocking, yet I've also seen enough to believe them all. Here's about as close as I can come to details: :barf: The starstuck stories are embarrassing but somehow kind of sweet- now wouldn't it be nice if pros really were rich, famous, and widely admired?

3. The term itself isn't offensive- it's the spirit with which it's said that is. Like Jam said, the guy who calls names is trying to hurt you because he feels insecure, inadequate, or maybe just that things aren't going well for himself... You ever try to kindly and gently tell a pushy guy you're not interested, and then he suddenly gets mad and calls you a lesbian out of nowhere? This guy calling you a groupie is feeling that same frustrated anger, it's just much less logical on why he's taking it out on you. So yes, take offense when it was intended to be given.

4. Absolutely not. When you hit a man, you are putting yourself in a man's position, and you are demanding to be hit back. They are stronger than we are. We can be smarter and meaner- I know you'll think of something... And do try to make your punishment fit his crime better- apparently nut kicking hurts.

Last edited: