Pool groupies

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Of course, there are some men who I'd label as pool groupies, you know, the kind who post on pool forums and don't have the foggiest notion of what the "15 and 4" in one-pocket means or "break and first shot" or "orange crush" or "three and out."

I'll agree that his comment was a bit mean, though it could have been joking. Either way, I'll bet mikeyfrost knows what 15/4, break/first shot, orange crush & 3out means.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll agree that his comment was a bit mean, though it could have been joking. Either way, I'll bet mikeyfrost knows what 15/4, break/first shot, orange crush & 3out means.

Maybe, maybe not.

This isn't the first time he's insulted to me, Cleary, and I'm sure it won't be the last, so I did not interpret it as "joking" one bit.

I'm betting I know a little more about pool than I'm given credit for. Because I'm the girlfriend of a pool player, I guess I'm a good target for this kind of abuse. So be it.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I'm betting I know a little more about pool than I'm given credit for. Because I'm the girlfriend of a pool player, I guess I'm a good target for this kind of abuse. So be it.

When Ga Young, Jasmin, Shanelle, or Jeanette move in with me, I personally WELCOME any and all "pool groupie" comments. Hopefully my wife will understand. :)

Reactions: JAM

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is a little background on me. I am a business owner and work stupid hours. I love pool more than anything in the world and have been playing for a few years on and off. I have a kick ass table in my house that I'm lucky if i can get on to hit a few balls every few days. Pool is in the back of my brain every minute of everyday and it breaks my heart that i cant play more. Also until recently i was with the same guy (non pool player) for 8 years.

I took a few days of work a few months ago and made it to a tournament in a different province. I was watching the guy (a good player) play a few games of 8- ball. I was watching how far his bridge hand was from his cue ball and his back swing. there were also a few guys around. That is when he referred to me as a pool groupie but not the guys.

As a woman, this was laughable. (seriously dude?) As a pool player this was a huge slap in the face.

I'm sure there are woman out there who are pool groupies but please dint label us all that way. We love the game too.

So guys maybe you should wait unit after you have used the girl for sex before calling her that. That way there will be no confusion and maybe more ladies will stick around.

And for all the guys that hang around the girl, we dont call you names.

And for the guy that I'm not naming GET OVER YOURSELF, GET OVER YOURSELF, GET OVER YOURSELF.

But seriously this thread is for fun and i hope more people post, specially the women

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Ga Young, Jasmin, Shanelle, or Jeanette move in with me, I personally WELCOME any and all "pool groupie" comments. Hopefully my wife will understand. :)

I may be a Cleary groupy but not a sex groupy just a fan groupy. Hope that made sense. It was the clap push ups.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Me personally, I could care less if a guy played pool or not today. I love my man for what's inside his heart, and if he never picks up a pool cue again, that's just fine by me. In fact, I really mean that, much more so today in our golden years. I just want to enjoy good health, peace of mind, and happiness with him. After all, he's my one and only sweetie pie. :wub:

Now, if I had my choice of male eye candy to hang out with, it would be Michael Weatherly, who stars on NCIS as Special Agent Tony DiNozzo. What a hunk! And I'll bet he can't play a lick of pool either, Cleary. :grin-square:

Attachments

• adeddmubgxyvaveg.jpg
    adeddmubgxyvaveg.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 361

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member

I'll give you credit.:thumbup:.......Um...I mean for knowledge not a loan.:sorry:

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be a Cleary groupy but not a sex groupy just a fan groupy. Hope that made sense. It was the clap push ups.

Cleary actually reminds me a little bit of SmorgassBored, a forum member who passed away. Smorgie always seemed to be able to put out fires in flame threads with his quick wit, and he was sweet as could be. Cleary has this kind of forum personality, always trying to keep it light and fun. You've got good taste, Dorabelle. :p

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll give you credit.:thumbup:.......Um...I mean for knowledge not a loan.:sorry:

LOL! Thanks. :D

Since I quit attending two, three, and four pool tournaments a month for seven-plus years, I'm okay in the money department today. I'm not rich, but I can go blow $500 at Bloomies on a shopping spree if I want. :p

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Cleary actually reminds me a little bit of SmorgassBored, a forum member who passed away. Smorgie always seemed to be able to put out fires in flame threads with his quick wit, and he was sweet as could be. Cleary has this kind of forum personality, always trying to keep it light and fun. You've got good taste, Dorabelle. :p

Look... if Keith finds out you have a crush on me, I'll be in trouble.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
JAM you are too sensitive, I really wasn't insulting you in the least bit. I have no idea what any of those things mean that you said though so I'll take all those spots from you, oh wait "Let's Flip For IT!"

If you think I fall into the norm for this pool forum, I'll just let you keep on thinking that. I wish I wore a size 5 shoe, they'd be sooo much cheaper to buy and look so much cuter, oh wait did I say my shoes would be cute...crap that was me exposing my own homo tendencies.

Moral of the story is pool groupies are real. Don't take life or a post so seriously, gotta learn to laugh at ourselves a bit. I feel like this is the old Jay-Z and Nas beef, except we are not selling records. "I made it a hot line and you made it a hot song!"

JAM you still make me smile, even if you want to cram posts in my booty hole ;)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look... if Keith finds out you have a crush on me, I'll be in trouble.

LOL! :p I think forums need members just like you and Dorabelle. :)

Though there is a great deal of information to be gained in pool from AzBilliards, as an example, posting should always be a fun experience, to keep people wanting to come back and hang out. ;)

A 56-year-old pool groupie, I am not. I am woman. Hear me roar! :grin-square:

Wait, is that a cougar?! :eek:

Attachments

• fragrant-wildflowers-cougar-pictures.jpg
    fragrant-wildflowers-cougar-pictures.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 361

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Although, there was one legitimate groupie who was notorious in my area.
And believe me, she had no problems whatsoever admitting that she was a groupie.

So funny watching her in action.

When you would see her at a pro event, it was like watching the Nature Channel, where a predator stalked it's prey.

We'd be sitting there, watching as she entered the room, looking around, and then she'd find her mark and pounce.

Couple of times, me and my buddies would have a pool going the instant we saw her walk into a big event, trying to bet on who she left the tournament with.

A-"Yo...look who just walked in the arena!"
B-"No...way"
C-"Which way is she looking?...Who's down there?"
D-"Who are you guys talking about?"
B-"Oh man, you got _____ , _____, _____, _____ and _____ down there."
C-"Yeah, but _____ isn't officially a pro."
A-"Never stopped her before, plus he's a regional champ"
B-"Hold on a sec...check it out...Look at her eying them up. LOL...Those poor guys.
C-"20bucks says she leave with _____ "
B-"you got action, I'll take _____"
A-"Nah, your both wrong. She's gonna go with _____"
B-"Why do you say that?"
A-"He's out of the tournament already. Your guys are still in it."
B-"You know, that's a good point"
D-"You guys are crazy"
A-"Don't know what you're talking about. This is better then betting on matches! Are you in?"
D-"20bucks?"
B-"It's gonna go one way or the other. You go out to that concession stand, and it will be gone in 5 minutes. THERE SHE GOES!"
D-"OK, I'll take _____"
A-"Wow dude, how can you pick him? He's terrible."
D-"But he's a good looking guy"
A-"Yeah, but he's terrible"
D-"What does that have to do with it?"
B-"This ain't no beauty pageant"
D-"How do we know who won?"
C-"You'll know"
D-"How though?"
A-"She won't be able to shut up about it"
D-"Really?"
A-"Oh yeah dude. Believe me. Tournament night back at the room, that is all she's gonna be talking about. If you don't hear her talking about it, just ask her, she'll tell you."
D-"She's not embarrassed?"
-we all look at each other and smile. and shake out heads no, and watch as she carefully in a calculated manner, walks across the room and selects her prey.

It was always good entertainment when she showed up.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Attention Women pool Players

Just move to Atlanta and no one will ever ever call you a Pool Groupie....Ever. You will just be another woman ( at Mr. Cues II) that loves pool.... That's it. Chances are you will play better than most men make a lot of friends and have a Ton of fun. That's what we do here. Just for anyones information I have never heard of term pool groupie before and have never witness the women being passed around like cans of Classic Coke. Now I have seen guy's chasing pool playing women around. What the guys did not know was unless they started playing pool they did not stand much of a chance with them because the women here are really dedicated to the game.

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
So guys maybe you should wait unit after you have used the girl for sex before calling her that. That way there will be no confusion and maybe more ladies will stick around.
UUUUUUUUUUUh , the way you have that written implies that it's OK to call them that after . . . . . . . . is this P/C ?

I could name PLENTY for question 2) , but a gentleman doesn't jizz n' tell . . . . :grin-square:

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
When I was younger I traveled surfing for years and we called them pro hoes.

When I used to be in alot of car shows they were called wheel watchers.

And the chix who chase drug dealers so they can stay high are sack chasers.

Guess every walk of life has em.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
When I used to be in alot of car shows they were called wheel watchers.

And the chix who chase drug dealers so they can stay high are sack chasers.

Guess every walk of life has em.

When I used to be on the pro badminton tour we used to have our fair share of groupies too.

We referred to them as shuttlecock suckers......:)