Pool in Fremont, CA 18th-28th Sep?

Avathar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I'll be on a business trip to Fremont from the 18th-28th Sep this year.

Do you have suggestions for a nice place to go and shoot some balls, maybe some small tourney?

If anyone likes to meet to play some, I'd be looking forward to it, also ... (I do not gamble though, sorry guys)

See you soon!

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
California Billiard Club in Fremont

Edgie's in Milpitas (just south of Fremont)

Both good rooms that have weekly tournaments and action to be found. Edgie's has 3-cushion tables too.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes California Billiards. You'll just miss the monthly tournaments, $30 1-pocket on the 16th and $30 9-ball on the 17th. No weekly tournaments at this time but there is a drop-in straight pool league on Mondays that you can just show up and play.

There are always people to match up with in there. From free to as high as you want.

Lots of diamond bar tables, lots of tight Brunswicks and two diamond 9' tables plus a couple of snooker tables.

If you like darts or foosball they have that two with tournaments in each.

EDIT - Just read that you don't gamble. No problem there are lots of guys in there looking for a free workout. pm me when you get a schedule and we can meet up there and play a little.

Avathar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes California Billiards. You'll just miss the monthly tournaments, $30 1-pocket on the 16th and $30 9-ball on the 17th. No weekly tournaments at this time but there is a drop-in straight pool league on Mondays that you can just show up and play.

There are always people to match up with in there. From free to as high as you want.

Lots of diamond bar tables, lots of tight Brunswicks and two diamond 9' tables plus a couple of snooker tables.

If you like darts or foosball they have that two with tournaments in each.

EDIT - Just read that you don't gamble. No problem there are lots of guys in there looking for a free workout. pm me when you get a schedule and we can meet up there and play a little.

Thanks for the detailed information! That straight pool league sounds also like a great idea :)
When you say tight Brunswicks, are you talkimng about 9'ers or small tables?

@ both of you, I am sure we can set up a meeting at some stage.

I will try to get a sim card at the airport, if my German work phone will not be usuable in the states and send you a message once I arrived in town ...

Looking forward to meeeting you!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the detailed information! That straight pool league sounds also like a great idea :)
When you say tight Brunswicks, are you talkimng about 9'ers or small tables?

@ both of you, I am sure we can set up a meeting at some stage.

I will try to get a sim card at the airport, if my German work phone will not be usuable in the states and send you a message once I arrived in town ...

Looking forward to meeeting you!

Sounds great!

Brunswick's are all 9 footers with 4.25 inch pockets.

Small tables are Diamond and currently a couple of Valley bar tables. I don't know if they are planning to keep the Valleys or switch them out too.

Avathar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

if you like, I'll be at Ca Billards after around 3pm today I guess.
So if anyone likes to play a bit, just look for a big bold guy in red T-Shirt and blue jeans ...

CU!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

if you like, I'll be at Ca Billards after around 3pm today I guess.
So if anyone likes to play a bit, just look for a big bold guy in red T-Shirt and blue jeans ...

CU!

There's a good chance I'll be there. I'm planning to sneak off this afternoon and play for a few hours.

Just a word of caution, don't leave anything valuable in your car. (laptop, etc...) there has been some car break-ins there lately. You can put valuables in the trunk before you drive there.

Avathar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
back again to Fremont once again ... as I missed the Tourney last night, I wonder, if any of you could tell me if the ones at Edgies are still on and on what days they are played?

I think I'll head over after work tonight anyhow hoping to shake off some jetlag