Pool road trip USA — best pool halls, best action, best spots 2022

quiet eyes

Get the Salotto app and have some FargoRate matches as you go.
Adding new groups from different areas for FargoRate helps the data a lot.
Isolated groups get connected, you will see how a 600+ in Germany compares to these US cities.
Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know the app.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Gas stations near major cities and surrounding areas are better equipped and well supplied.

Products and services available at gas stations in country areas can be more limited.

If driving plan out rest areas for country and avoid parking in high crime areas in a city.

Call the rooms ahead of schedule for local conditions.

quiet eyes

Call the rooms ahead of schedule for local conditions.
This is a good point. In New York for example, a few hours of practice on a daily basis can easily cost north of $1000 a month. Are deals possible, monthly flatrates or club membership formats?

Last edited:

JBC

Registered
If while your in NYC you feel like taking a 100 mile ride to the east end of Long Island I have a 9’ gold crown 4 and am always looking for people to play. There aren’t any pool halls or bars with tables around here ( the Hamptons) so I have to go to Bayshore-60 miles west for a straight pool league which I’ve taken a break from due to the traffic-a 2 1/2 hour drive in the afternoon. I used to drive to Amsterdam in 2014 or so for a straight pool Saturday league which was great but 100 miles each way was too much. I don’t know my fargo rating but I expect to run into the 20s during a match and possibly into the low 30s. While your here there’s a lot of great restaurants , beaches, hiking trails, etc. I might be able to put you up for the night if nobody’s in our apartment we rent in the summer. I can also fire up the bbq and you won’t need to spend an $ on food. My table is in great shape. Recently had the rails redone by Oscar from New Jersey . Pockets are 4.5”. Simonis 860 hr cloth. I don’t play much of anything but straight pool and there’s nobody around here that can shoot very well so I mostly shoot for my own piece of mind and so I don’t sit in a chair watching tv getting old and fat. If you come I have a well stocked bar adjacent to the table with lots of Bourbon, scotch & beer and you definitely won’t need a gun. Here’s a picture.
Hope you can make it
Thanks, John

Attachments

• 26C0F325-6AE2-40D0-A229-BCC41D6D1431.jpeg
    26C0F325-6AE2-40D0-A229-BCC41D6D1431.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 116
  • ED1B7EFE-DAB4-4C68-A22F-85480C01B95E.jpeg
    ED1B7EFE-DAB4-4C68-A22F-85480C01B95E.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 114

phreaticus

If while your in NYC you feel like taking a 100 mile ride to the east end of Long Island I have a 9’ gold crown 4 and am always looking for people to play. There aren’t any pool halls or bars with tables around here ( the Hamptons) so I have to go to Bayshore-60 miles west for a straight pool league which I’ve taken a break from due to the traffic-a 2 1/2 hour drive in the afternoon. I used to drive to Amsterdam in 2014 or so for a straight pool Saturday league which was great but 100 miles each way was too much. I don’t know my fargo rating but I expect to run into the 20s during a match and possibly into the low 30s. While your here there’s a lot of great restaurants , beaches, hiking trails, etc. I might be able to put you up for the night if nobody’s in our apartment we rent in the summer. I can also fire up the bbq and you won’t need to spend an $ on food. My table is in great shape. Recently had the rails redone by Oscar from New Jersey . Pockets are 4.5”. Simonis 860 hr cloth. I don’t play much of anything but straight pool and there’s nobody around here that can shoot very well so I mostly shoot for my own piece of mind and so I don’t sit in a chair watching tv getting old and fat. If you come I have a well stocked bar adjacent to the table with lots of Bourbon, scotch & beer and you definitely won’t need a gun. Here’s a picture.
Hope you can make it
Thanks, John
Wow. Now THAT is a cool home pool room! In the Hamptons no less. Nice invitation, very cool of you. Cheers

quiet eyes

Hope you can make it
Thanks, John
Hi John,

what an impressive pool temple you have built in your home. I am a big Seinfeld fan and "going to the Hamptons" is a standing expression even for me as a German, haha. Thanks a lot for your kind invitation. I would love to come over from NYC for a night and play some straight pool with you. And what a great idea to have your own bar right next to the table... I am sure that in this case Jay would approve of this visit;) So, I am in New York between late October and the end of November. I will PM you when things get more concrete.

Thanks again!
Alex

JBC

Registered
👍 Sounds great. Glad you can come over. I’m not too far from montauk point so you can visit the spot where George ended up in that episode. Catch a sunrise- or some fish

Last edited:

tomatoshooter

Really don't want to bring this up but we need to talk about personal protection while he is here.
Bear spray,big pocket knife or stun gun?
I vote for a stun gun.
Dont laugh my wife carries a stun gun and my daughter and grand daughter both carry one.
I carry a big pocket knife and sometimes a .380 auto.
Let's not forget the most effective defensive tool, keeping your wits about you. I've not had a lot of trouble but most of the close calls wouldn't have been so close if I had paid more attention.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I am so jealous! Hope you will keep posting in this thread during your trip so we can get some updates.

Make sure you visit Amsterdam Billiards in NY. I have been there two times before, lovely room, great atmosphere, top class players and the people are friendly.

My last visit was just recently during a job-trip, but I managed to sneak in a few hours of pool and even got myself some action of 9-ball.

Good luck and enjoy your trip