Pool room and weekly tournament request: northern Virginia

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in Tyson's corner for work and wondering if there are any nice spots with weekly tournaments?

wvmoto186

Registered
Winchester Action Billiards, Winchester , VA Every Friday night they have a chip tourney ( chip=losses).. They get 25-35 players every week. Free practice at 8:30 starts at 9:30 and done at 12:30. $20 entry and the house keeps $2 . They have eight 9' gold crown 4's.Some local players and other regulars from Front Royal, Harrisonburg, Strasburg, Arlington, Alexandria, Culpeper, West Virginia, and Cumberland MD. They dont serve alcohol so when tourney is over there is action and sometimes all night. Mainly 9 Ball and one pocket.

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qball 1 in Capitol heights Maryland has an 8 ball tournament on Mondays and a 9 ball tournament on Wednesday night. Usually starts around 7pm.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Winchester Action Billiards, Winchester , VA Every Friday night they have a chip tourney ( chip=losses).. They get 25-35 players every week. Free practice at 8:30 starts at 9:30 and done at 12:30. $20 entry and the house keeps $2 . They have eight 9' gold crown 4's.Some local players and other regulars from Front Royal, Harrisonburg, Strasburg, Arlington, Alexandria, Culpeper, West Virginia, and Cumberland MD. They dont serve alcohol so when tourney is over there is action and sometimes all night. Mainly 9 Ball and one pocket.

Why you mad at the man? You just met him!:eek:

I wouldn't suggest trying to go to a Gainesville tournament from Tysons. To get there by 8...and on Friday? he's gon have to be driving by about friggin 230.

That is a little exaggeration, but just a little.

Fptieu- look at a map or waze before you head out there.

I would suggest going to first break in sterling. I have no idea what it is like now, tourney wise, but they to have 9' diamonds, full bar/ food. I'd think you got equal chance of playing with yourself & playing with somebody else. Sterling room is about 15mi west of Tysons, straight out rt7.

Also close is fairfax fast eddies.more tables, but in my experience, worse equipment. Arlington is a bust.

Any oool is better than no pool. Don't waste your afternoon in traffic.

wvmoto186

Registered
Why you mad at the man? You just met him!:eek:

I wouldn't suggest trying to go to a Gainesville tournament from Tysons. To get there by 8...and on Friday? he's gon have to be driving by about friggin 230.

Fptieu- look at a map or waze before you head out there.

I would suggest going to first break in sterling. I have no idea what it is like now, tourney wise, but they to have 9' diamonds, full bar/ food. I'd think you got equal chance of playing with yourself & playing with somebody else. Sterling room is about 15mi west of Tysons, straight out rt7.

Also close is fairfax fast eddies.more tables, but in my experience, worse equipment. Arlington is a bust.

Any oool is better than no pool. Don't waste your afternoon in traffic.

That's why they start practice at 8:30 to give time for traffic to die down. Their are several good players from the tysons area that come on a regular basis. If the action was that good in their area then I guess they wouldn't be making that drive, would they? I would rather drive 50 minutes to a good tourney with 25-35 players weekly and action afterward then go 15-30 & the tourney is a bust.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aww, shi. I always forget breakers sky lounge, in Herndon.

Cool looking place and they do have a smoking area, if you would like that kinda thing. Like fairfax, gold crowns.

And you migh see Asia. Ask if you can get Melinda's money. I'm sure there is a finders fee available.

Omgwtf.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why they start practice at 8:30 to give time for traffic to die down. Their are several good players from the tysons area that come on a regular basis. If the action was that good in their area then I guess they wouldn't be making that drive, would they? I would rather drive 50 minutes to a good tourney with 25-35 players weekly and action afterward then go 15-30 & the tourney is a bust.

I hear ya, at least it isn't 7 start.

But how long do you thing it takes to go ther from Tysons at 5. Might be an hour to fair oaks mall and that isn't even close.

I need to head out there.

I know a couple guys from there used to hit Thursday's in sterling a few years ago. You one of em?

wvmoto186

Registered
I hear ya, at least it isn't 7 start.

But how long do you thing it takes to go ther from Tysons at 5. Might be an hour to fair oaks mall and that isn't even close.

I need to head out there.

I know a couple guys from there used to hit Thursday's in sterling a few years ago. You one of em?

I only played at the breakers tourney 1 time. I work in Sterling and drive s company vehicle. I didn't want to drive back to WV, then turn around and drive to breakers, home, and back to work the next morning on a well night. Lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only played at the breakers tourney 1 time. I work in Sterling and drive s company vehicle. I didn't want to drive back to WV, then turn around and drive to breakers, home, and back to work the next morning on a well night. Lol

Godammit! Why does this 3yr old car have 330,000 miles on it?