Pool room in Urbana-Cahmpaign, IL

CayoteePool

I am moving to Champaign , IL for school and need to know if they are any pool room there? I mean , a parlor with 9'x4'6" tables, serious player, action games and regular tourneys and league plays....

Let me know how close they are to the university.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a Juipter's downtown with diamond tables, pretty close to campus.
Not sure about leagues or action, have to check it out.
They have another one with newer tables farther out in a strip mall.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TOWN IS DEAD FOR POOL, FOR YEARS THE UI WAS THE PLACE WITH CLOSE TO 30 TABLES BUT HAVE DOWN SIZED AND MOVED TO A SMALLER AREA IN 2005 AND THAT WAS THE END. :mad:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
They got pool. There are some people out there that will gamble. I made some money last time I was there. Go to both Jupiters and the have some oversized 8 footers and friendly people that like some cheap action. There are some cool peeps there.

CayoteePool

are these place pool halls or mainly bars with pool tables...

and if you moving to Minneapolis or Campaign base solely on which town had more pool where would you go?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
LOL it's not even close MN has 500 times the amount of pool. Jupiters is mainly a game/pizze type of place. One of them has a mini arcade deal going. Prices are reasonable and food is delicious. Both places have between 4 or 6 oversize 8 footers in there. They are Diamond Pro tables too not Pro Am's.