Pool rooms in suburbs west of Philadelphia, PA

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
What rooms do you know of in the suburbs west of Philadelphia that are still in business? The ones I know of are:
  • Markley Billiards, Norristown
  • High Street Billiards, Pottstown
Rooms that are closed (as far as know):
  • West Chester Billiards, West Chester
  • Mainline Billiards, Frazer
  • D&D Billiards, Downingtown
  • Classic Billiards, Phoenixville
Is Markley Billiards safe? The neighborhood looks a little rough, so I wasn't sure what kind of crowd it drew.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What rooms do you know of in the suburbs west of Philadelphia? The ones I know of are:
Is Markley Billiards safe? The neighborhood looks a little rough, so I wasn't sure what kind of crowd it drew.
Yes to Markley … great group of people. Diverse and sociable… seems like everyone keeps to themselves and plays pool. Mostly middle class decent people in that area. Norristown has some spots but Markley area is ok. The room itself is well managed. No acting out permitted. Men bring in their kids sometimes to teach them. Safe and fairly priced. Great hours. I personally have never been there in the evening/night but never heard of any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC3

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another yes for Markley. Friendly place. And tables are in very good shape.
I'll add a thumbs up for Markley.
8 9 foot Diamonds, two are dedicated one pocket tables, an 8 foot Diamond, one 9 foot GC,
and 6 7 foot Diamonds.
Almost all of the tables have Predator Arena Lights which are amazing.
Balls get cleaned after each use.
Well run room.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll add a thumbs up for Markley.
8 9 foot Diamonds, two are dedicated one pocket tables, an 8 foot Diamond, one 9 foot GC,
and 6 7 foot Diamonds.
Almost all of the tables have Predator Arena Lights which are amazing.
Balls get cleaned after each use.
Well run room.
Do the players from Drexeline play there now? Is the '9' ball tournament handicapped? Do they get a decent turnout for the tournament? Who owns the place now?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the players from Drexeline play there now? Is the '9' ball tournament handicapped? Do they get a decent turnout for the tournament? Who owns the place now?
Many from Drexeline come in regularly.
The 9 ball tournament is on the 7 footers so I do not play in it but I believe it is not handicapped.
I understand they get a good turnout for the tournament.
PM me and I will let you know who the owner is.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Markley seems rough on the outside, but I've never heard of any problems there in going there once in a blue moon for 20 years.

Drexeline Billiards is also closed as of about 1 year ago. The shopping center got torn down to make a Wawa.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Markley seems rough on the outside, but I've never heard of any problems there in going there once in a blue moon for 20 years.

Drexeline Billiards is also closed as of about 1 year ago. The shopping center got torn down to make a Wawa.
Markley can look rough on the outside but inside it is fine.
Drexeline was not a palace on the outside either.
Think about the edifice of Drexeline.
A big green metal door.
You basically walked into the basement of a large building.
Inside it was a great poolroom.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What rooms do you know of in the suburbs west of Philadelphia that are still in business? The ones I know of are:
  • High Street Billiards, Pottstown
Rooms that are closed (as far as know):
  • West Chester Billiards, West Chester
  • Mainline Billiards, Frazer
  • D&D Billiards, Downingtown
  • Classic Billiards, Phoenixville

Been to Markley a few times during SBE, they run tournaments more often there during that time. The ride there went through some interesting neighborhoods for sure LOL but the place was decent, good tables with some 9 and 7 footers. Played in the tournament twice during various years of SBE, won both times as a 550 Fargo so the skill level in those is so-so. They try to run several tournaments during the night, but good idea to sign up early, I have seen it fill up pretty quickly during the Expo days.