Pool stuff you bought🤮, tried or used, and said never again.🤮

tomatoshooter

Limbsaver! lol.

My break is pretty strong but I don't need a recoil pad!

These do come in handy:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator chalk. It came next day from Amazon. So why not try it. Works great except after about 2 hours of play my hands are dyed blue and I have to vacuum my table. Literally leaves piles of fine dust on hard hits with a soft tip. Had to wash my cue ball 3 times to get that stuff off.
How in the world do you people chalk lol I use it and it feels no different and makes no mess any more then masters does. 😂

My vote is also for the ultimate tip tool lol

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
So who bought a holder for the special chalk?
I 3d printed mine
hold.jpg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
How in the world do you people chalk lol I use it and it feels no different and makes no mess any more then masters does. 😂

My vote is also for the ultimate tip tool lol
Before I break I set the butt on the floor and swipe the chalk across my tip but between easy shots where little thought is required I grab the chalk while holding my cue in the air and swipe once or twice. I think the reason I get chalk on my fingers is because I chalk with my bridge hand, people who chalk with their butt hand tend not to get as "chalky". My problem is that I do some things left handed and other things right handed and I cant chalk with my right hand for some reason, I feel like dork when I try. You can clearly see a lot of players get chalk dust on their cues, when watching tournament videos you frequently see guys running their hand from the middle of their shaft to the tip to clean the shaft after they chalk.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Before I break I set the butt on the floor and swipe the chalk across my tip but between easy shots where little thought is required I grab the chalk while holding my cue in the air and swipe once or twice. I think the reason I get chalk on my fingers is because I chalk with my bridge hand, people who chalk with their butt hand tend not to get as "chalky". My problem is that I do some things left handed and other things right handed and I cant chalk with my right hand for some reason, I feel like dork when I try. You can clearly see a lot of players get chalk dust on their cues, when watching tournament videos you frequently see guys running their hand from the middle of their shaft to the tip to clean the shaft after they chalk.

Try chalking with your other hand for left hand shots only. It sets the mind better, for me, anyway.

Jeff Livingston

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Porper Prikstik Tacker Tool is 100% a good product, probably the best on the market. I've had no luck with their mushroom grazer or their burnisher. Their tip clamp tool works good as long as the tip fits and you are smart enough to use it.
I use this thing:
A.jpg

Taps, shapes, Tapping or rolling with the flat side will really rough up a tip without cutting the leather.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Yeah, for me that's all but impossible, I would end up with chalk all over both hands and my face. It would probably take a pressure washer to clean me up.

Speaking of which, I've bought 2 of those and both were crap and lasted less than 10 hours of use.

(I didn't use them on my cues)

Jeff Livingston

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Speaking of which, I've bought 2 of those and both were crap and lasted less than 10 hours of use.

(I didn't use them on my cues)

Jeff Livingston
Nice stuff! I bought one from a big box store, tested it at home for about 30 seconds then boxed it back up and returned it, what a POS!!!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Taom V10 chalk actually made Forbes top 5 billiard investments list for 2021. So they’re doing something right.