pool table and balls diagram

jims111343

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I give lessons and write about pool. Recently I decided I want to start including diagrams for my local people, so I need a pool table diagram with balls going where ever I want them. I will be using word and my email, NO forums. I tried pool.bz but could not get it to work. Anyone know of a site or soft ware I can use for this application? Jim S.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard of things going on with pool.bz but I haven't had any problems. I just added to some old kicking articles I did and used Word as well with the Cuetable tool again and worked fine, just diagrammed what I needed and hit the print screen button (small camera icon) and then pasted it into Word and formatted the picture as needed.

Are you getting some sort of error message with the tool or it just won't come up?
Scott

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I give lessons and write about pool. Recently I decided I want to start including diagrams for my local people, so I need a pool table diagram with balls going where ever I want them. I will be using word and my email, NO forums. I tried pool.bz but could not get it to work. Anyone know of a site or soft ware I can use for this application? Jim S.
You need to have "flash" installed on your computer to get pool.bz to work, I think.

You might consider Virtual Pool. I think there is a demo version (maybe with only three balls) that's free. The full version can show the paths of all the balls and is accurate as far as the physics goes.

DetroitLarry

Larry Damman
DrawShot for iOS

Hi Jim,

If you're still looking for a solution and you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, then I have just the solution for you. I recently wrote an iOS app for drawing a pool shot. It's called DrawShot and is currently available on the iOS App Store. You can save up to five different drawings absolutely free and it's only a few bucks to upgrade to unlimited saving.

I've attached an example image that I drew using DrawShot. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Larry

Attachments

• Photo Apr 06, 5 30 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 06, 5 30 35 PM.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,843

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Hi Jim,

If you're still looking for a solution and you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, then I have just the solution for you. I recently wrote an iOS app for drawing a pool shot. It's called DrawShot and is currently available on the iOS App Store. You can save up to five different drawings absolutely free and it's only a few bucks to upgrade to unlimited saving.

I've attached an example image that I drew using DrawShot. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Larry

Is there an android version??

allanpsand

Author & PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I have a downloadable PDF file with 6 diagrams on one side of a regular sheet. You are welcome to download these.

Hand draw in some diagrams, take a picture with your smart phone and send it.

SeankyKong

Registered
Yahoo pool in practice mode lets you put all of the balls where ever you want. just take a screen shot. And its free. Just a thought.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member

Cheers,
Larry

Great app, Larry! Just tried it out on my iPhone 5 and it works beautifully. Add some physics and tangent lines and it'd be perfect. :)