PoolVids.com

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've started up a site (completely free) for folks to contribute their homemade billiards videos. I hope to let people download them for burning onto their ipods, etc. I put up one video of me knocking balls around -- if you've got your own, please upload! :cool:

http://www.poolvids.com/

In my game room I've got a small TV over the bar, and I've figured out a way to connect my video ipod to the TV... so I can watch billiards matches in my billiards room! Free, downloadable pool videos are somewhat scarce, so I've built the site.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks V -- I'll add to the library but I hope others will as well!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool! The table in the video (and my avatar) is an Olhausen; I'm real happy with it. What are you getting?

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and everyone else are going to call me a retard lol... it's an outdoor table. But it's slate, nine foot, not one of those crummy wooden ones. I simply don't have room for a table inside.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:) passing no judgement here for sure! Sounds like fun. What kind of cloth will it take? I presume you have a patio or something so that it's level? Definitely will be interested in the videos! :D

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will definately be level, and it has sunbrella cloth. Should be here within two weeks. The videos should definately be a lot of fun :D

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Good idea,i hope lots of members download to you,posting a link to some of the guys on youtube who have alot of pool videos uploaded there might go to your site and upload their stuff too. ;)

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The software I use on the site does let users import videos directly from YouTube (and other video sites). I am not clear on the copyright laws around this so haven't played around with that. I did go to YouTube and I dropped an email to one guy who uploads vids of himself shooting, asking him if he'd like to share, but no word back as yet.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, for my Canon PowerShot A540 I finally got an AC adaptor (essential) and a 2 gig memory card (also essential), so I hope to tape a few more racks, hopefully of something more interesting / decent this time around. Relying on batteries and 512k of memory doesn't get you far (was only good for about 4 mins of video).

Anyone else out there with a camera, willing to record your game or matches, and upload? As you can see from my contributions, you don't have to be good... :)

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool, thanks for all the contributions guys! Keep 'em coming, there is a $75 give-away to my favorite; see link in my sig file.