Possible early (1960's) Richard Helmstetter Custom Cue

manwon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a recent cue I picked up that appears to be an early Richard Helmstetter Custom that was made in the Mid-1960's before he set-up the National Chalk Company Cue building facility. This cue ws also apparently made well before Richard partnered with David Foreman and they started Adam Custom Cue. If anyone has any additional information about this cue that they would share I would certainly appreciate it.

Here are some photo's:

cue.jpg

butt2.jpg

Butt.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

forearm2.jpg

More to follow:
 
Looks like a Gandy/National cue style cue to me. I have had several with the same joint rings, and what looks like the aluminum insert. I think they were purchased during the late 60's-early 70's.
 
Looks like a Gandy/National cue style cue to me. I have had several with the same joint rings, and what looks like the aluminum insert. I think they were purchased during the late 60's-early 70's.

I have also seen a number of them, but to my knowledge they did not use Brunswick Titlist Blanks for their cues. But, thanks very much for the information, it is appreciated.

Have a good night
 
Another nice piece of early American cue making.

The taper at the bottom of the cap and the screw hole remind me an awful lot of my viking of the same time period, yea I know thats not what it is...just saying I enjoy that style....Im really starting to enjoy the looks of these half joints Im seeing from the period, as well. I do not like how big the pilot hole is however or how long the pin is, but it still is really nice cue. (Who knows I might be PMing you for this one next...:smile: )
 
Back
Top