Practice what I Preach

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Got smarter, by Golly. The shot was 4 rails going to the foot rail and snuggled up to the back side. 🤷‍♂️ Right found it Lefty mapped it then We executed it. What fun!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Monday re day. Revisit my shot making challenge based on Colin's potting drill that I found On Dr Dave's website.
1723477112221.png

For my challenge or workout I leave shot 1 for last. Just start with shot 2 and make each shot first to one corner then the other. If the shot is made continue with that hand to the next. Each miss gets a switch of hand that takes up where that hand left off. This morning it is a dead heat with both stuck on shot 1. Oh what fun. My shot making ain't what it used to be. So off I go...
hop Full that I feel a little sharper when the challenge is complete. 🤷‍♂️
Oh yeah almost forgot. Thank You Dr Dave.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The difficulty of shot 1 makes me call a hanger in the Jaws a winner. Lefty made it one way and hung it going to the other pocket. Definitely got a workout Definitely got a workout. Hope to get through it quicker tomorrow. Perhaps if I can remember...what works for me. 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Just found Only Kicks by Grady Mathews on youtube.
Lots of knowledge in this video and definitely
Worth the investment of the time to study and practice.

• Love
Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just found Only Kicks by Grady Mathews on youtube.
Lots of knowledge in this video and definitely
Worth the investment of the time to study and practice.
i am surprised thats available for free as its still available i think for sale on a few website
i learned alot from grady
from the vhs days to now
grady 2.jpg
grady 1.jpg

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
i am surprised thats available for free as its still available i think for sale on a few website
i learned alot from grady
from the vhs days to now
👍 I was surprised when it came up in my youtube suggestion. May be a copyright violation.
In the '80s Grady and Mike Massey were sponsored by a room owner to come to the northwet and gave several evening exhibitions. I tried to be a sponge when they spoke.
Your library of tapes has me drooling. 😉 👍

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
learned alot from grady
I am Re learning or refreshing Grady knowledge.
The spot on the wall aiming is a part of my Dance (not psr 😉).
Plane
Line
Point
Would be my Aiming method. Find the plane and put the cue on a line in the plane then locate the point on whitey . The marker on the wall helps define the plane. Note to self, "use only inanimate markers". The Lemans race driver using a cow to mark brake point for a corner comes to mind. 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The bottle on the shelf works but be aware of the beer bottle hazard. 🤷‍♂️
Anyway it worked this morning to the tune of a Maximum. 20240813_073549.jpg The 2 rails to the teal 2 ball is the Maxi. The picture is a recreation, trying to illustrate the cue staying on the plane as I rise from the shot at its completion.
Okay now to find 3 to the king ball. Go

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Found more Grady this morning.
Got quite a surprise when he says, "object ball last". He was adamant. 🤷‍♂️ So even if I have good reason to differ with that statement, I always can find a nugget in his tapes.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
His description of the eye pattern fits my earliest method. I did good with it. 🤷‍♂️
For me putting my final focus on the imaginary pea in the center of whitey and exactly how my tips path should relate to it works for me now. My shot making has not improved but my cue ball precision has. 🤷‍♂️ Where whitey stops. My shot making has not suffered either.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
TThe power of the kick
The Woody Woodpecker laugh. Uh cue it.
The memory of last night's 8 ball league game, where my opponent played a safety that left an difficult kick. ....well for your average league player. I kicked it in and ran out.
I feel like Grady is in my head. 😉
The sales pitch for the Kicks Like A Mule would include advanced level called Kicks Like Grady or better still Kicks Like Efren. Grady would explain the numbers and percentage advantages of skills relating to the kick in martial arts.
So the rest of the sales pitch includes that I won my next 2 games with ball in hand on the 8 (BIH) when my opponents failed to make a hit on simple kicks. Both fortunate hooks when I failed to pocket the 8 ball. 🤷‍♂️ I always endeavor to stay on good terms with the pool Gawds. Shrug
I had my mind right. Now to remember how.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Solving the puzzle and playing percentage are my strengths in 8 ball. Small table 8 ball is not a break and run game. Well mostly 😉 usually 🤷‍♂️ well percentage wise. Knowing when is a Huge thing. Knowing when to duck is a good thing.
Grady shows some often overlooked high percentage shot selections that can be game winner s.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The Power of the break.
Ah the lure of the sound.
The value of the precision.
When the break and run pot got Huge in San Francisco....they called Cole. 🤷‍♂️
Precision is the Jiu-jitsu of pool.
Water buffalo on ivory by Joss.
I had the benefit of Coles philosophy on Pool.
3 ball kick after the break practice

The A Eye is being exposed. 🤷‍♂️
Oh the politics.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Seems I wandered and perhaps left shstuff. That could be of value.....then again. One man's.....well can't remember the rest. I had better rest now.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The Swing thought is positive for a positive result.
Station 2 was a Z bank 2 rails to the dirt color ball.
20240823_074523.jpg

Okay will demonstrate.
Push button then follow each step meticulous
20240823_075039.jpg
Lefty hit the trophy for station 2 using a bridge and standing upright.
Now to find 3 to the 9 with chin on cue. Go

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Good Morning Sat 8.24.24:
The cue twirler, giving lefty the physical therapy required rehabilitation for Lefty in the twirled. the spear cheuckers batton twirler. I still chuckle at the young man that twirled his cue but little else shrug.
Self defense is all about the balance. Stretching and flexing with the cue balanced is part of the therapy.
20240824_071412.jpg

1 to the purple ball is solved by Lefty and close the target. Now 2 or more to the brown 7.....

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The images are re uh desrever. 😉
20240824_072425.jpg
this is the chuckle challenge for the Right.
20240824_072348.jpg

The second of Lefty demonstrates the power conversion of uh? Huge biggly giant.
Lefty picked the shot. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Watched Ronnie play Kyren and made him earn it. Shrug 🤷‍♂️ a factor that I live with on a different scale. But the glitch miss that comes a little more often. 🤷‍♂️ Kyren earned it. Should be a good f
inal.
20240824_074631.jpg

Right tries an "alternate method " Pretty sure that Mark Williams demonstrates the method.