Pre shot question

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incidentally somebody please continue this thread per the OP. I already answered satisfactorily in both the original thread and this one.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
c'mon. Start a thread honoring Fran if you like. Domineering is my take so far.
I doubt you'll understand this but who knows. Regardless what we might think about the content, your above statement is easily understood by everyone. Plain English, no problem. When you start talking about pool however, you might just as well be speaking Swahili for all the sense it makes at times.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt you'll understand this but who knows. Regardless what we might think about the content, your above statement is easily understood by everyone. Plain English, no problem. When you start talking about pool however, you might just as well be speaking Swahili for all the sense it makes at times.
Frankly pool is to shoot not talk so I use sufficient grammar to make a point. If you don't get it, ask and look into other forms of Lit like poetry maybe. If you think about pool we should have no problem. If you want MFGd bling, devour Fran. She got papers to verify her correctitude.

Here more How Tip:
When shoot at, glory should in the pocket.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! Ha! I understand you're sensitive and your feelings were hurt, but the law of holes suggests that when you've dug yourself into a hole, you should stop digging!
You presume that this play is correct. It's way on the sophomoric side and just displays the character flaws of the players. I stand on correct. Anything else?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I personally enjoy straightline's broken english. It keeps the internet bar nice and low, so the rest doesn't seem so bad.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I come here to exercise my pool intellect.
And it sorely needs it.

For instance, how many posters have to tell you your posts are unclear before you take it seriously?

If you don't care to be understood, what are you doing here?

Speaking for myself, you're not. *plonk*

pj
chgo

Leigh

Registered
Where did my gender come into play here? What's up with your queen and mother hen comments? This is a discussion about pool. Are you going to turn it into something else?
My thoughts, exactly. I am not sure what targets Fran as a "head mistress" or whatever. Bringing someone's gender (or anything else that is personal and does not pertain to the argument) into question when disagreeing with someone shows a lot about the thought process and communication skills, or lack thereof.
I appreciate everyone's advice on this forum. We have some MAJOR instructors on this forum giving newbies like me free advice and it has truly helped my game.
I have to say, these threads that start to go off the rails can be wildly entertaining... picture me with my popcorn ready for the show!

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts, exactly. I am not sure what targets Fran as a "head mistress" or whatever. Bringing someone's gender (or anything else that is personal and does not pertain to the argument) into question when disagreeing with someone shows a lot about the thought process and communication skills, or lack thereof.
I appreciate everyone's advice on this forum. We have some MAJOR instructors on this forum giving newbies like me free advice and it has truly helped my game.
I have to say, these threads that start to go off the rails can be wildly entertaining... picture me with my popcorn ready for the show!
Nothing personal. She does come on like it's the one true answer and she's a she, hence mistress not master.
You get way down on the stick. What do you look at when a shot is all aimed? The pocket should be forgone. Try playing the cueball position instead of the object ball to pocket.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing personal. She does come on like it's the one true answer and she's a she, hence mistress not master.
You get way down on the stick. What do you look at when a shot is all aimed? The pocket should be forgone. Try playing the cueball position instead of the object ball to pocket.
Another response that makes no sense.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leigh, you hit the nail on the head. A lot of times people post things thinking no one will challenge them and then they are shocked when it happens. Some men will get especially upset when it's a woman doing the challenging. You should have seen how bad it was a few decades ago ( or maybe you have)! If a woman got into a debate with a man in a pool room, it often resulted in him telling her to go 'back to the kitchen where she belonged'. Thankfully, the relationships between men and women in pool rooms have improved significantly over the years with both genders respecting each other's skills and abilities. But there are still some out there who when they feel cornered, revert to gender name-calling. It's all a bunch of nonsense and just makes them look bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

Leigh

Registered
Jesus, I just can't help myself...
When you call someone names, it is personal. So the "nothing personal" makes no sense. Also, WE COME HERE FOR ANSWERS. That is the whole point, so having a problem with someone having an answer, whether or not you agree with it, is bizarre. I am not trying to offend you and have enjoyed some of your posts, I just wanted to take the time to point this out.
Anyway, I'm done jumping on this bandwagon (I am clearly procrastinating at work). The next time I post will be real question. (FYI, the last time I posted a video and I got a ton of advice... it completely changed my game. I'm ready for round two.)
Keep all the advice coming!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Claim what you like. You started with me. Second time too. Just responding in spirit.
Jesus, I just can't help myself...
When you call someone names, it is personal. So the "nothing personal" makes no sense. Also, WE COME HERE FOR ANSWERS. That is the whole point, so having a problem with someone having an answer, whether or not you agree with it, is bizarre. I am not trying to offend you and have enjoyed some of your posts, I just wanted to take the time to point this out.
Fran started with the name calling. This is the second instance. It's not a sexist thing by any means. She has a big ego and IMO wishes people like myself out of her way. If any of my remarks confuse you, just ask.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Insight makes it's own language. The carom is more prominent than the contact area on thin cuts.
Shoot the carom: more or less what you said.
I think those frustrated or befuddled by contact points should spend considerable time shooting ducks, making detailed observations of the collisions.
I take what you're saying, is on very thin cuts, the carom, be it another ball or cushion, is obvious, so aim for the carom point rather the contact point?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Claim what you like. You started with me. Second time too. Just responding in spirit.

Fran started with the name calling. This is the second instance. It's not a sexist thing by any means. She has a big ego and IMO wishes people like myself out of her way. If any of my remarks confuse you, just ask.
Wrong again, beginner. I didn't start the name-calling. That was your bag, not mine, after I pointed out how your comments made no sense and weren't helpful in answering the OP's question. I will continue to point it out if you continue to post advice that doesn't make sense. I appreciate that you're trying to be creative, but use terminology that everyone can relate to in your posts. We all took the time to learn it and you should too.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong again, beginner. I didn't start the name-calling. That was your bag, not mine, after I pointed out how your comments made no sense and weren't helpful in answering the OP's question. I will continue to point it out if you continue to post advice that doesn't make sense. I appreciate that you're trying to be creative, but use terminology that everyone can relate to in your posts. We all took the time to learn it and you should too.
I stated facts. Why are you still bitching? Was anything I said in the post in question wrong? bag? In dat a jazza wurd?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

If she can kick your ass, listen to her advice.

That's the oldest rule of thumb in any sport.

Jeff Livingston

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If she can kick your ass, listen to her advice.

That's the oldest rule of thumb in any sport.

Jeff Livingston
Probably but that's only relevant to her. There are very many many good players who are readily observable, don't give me grief on the web or otherwise, and teach me by example. Besides, my pool journey goes far beyond the constraints of mere competition.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I've been busy with work... I was hoping this trainwreck was still piling up against the side of the mountain...lol