Precision tips. Reviews? How's the longeivtiy.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Did some research here and with friends and hit with one today and liked it. Wanted to ask the forum about them since they have now been out for a while.

How do they hold up? Do they remain around the same speed when purchased or do they get a bit harder? How's mushrooming on them? How much maintenance is needed with them? If you had to compare them to another tip, what would you say they feel like?

I ordered 4 mediums online today and probably wont put one on until my current tip is worn down enough to warrant replacing it.

Thanks in advanced.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did some research here and with friends and hit with one today and liked it. Wanted to ask the forum about them since they have now been out for a while.

How do they hold up? Do they remain around the same speed when purchased or do they get a bit harder? How's mushrooming on them? How much maintenance is needed with them? If you had to compare them to another tip, what would you say they feel like?

I ordered 4 mediums online today and probably wont put one on until my current tip is worn down enough to warrant replacing it.

Thanks in advanced.

I love the mediums. Unfortunately I was talked into swapping a medium for a hard. Never again. I know my crooked stroke is sometimes bad but the hard tip miscues a lot

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks in advanced.

Overall, they are very good. Possibly the most lively tip I've ever used. The action on the cue ball is ridiculous. However, they do mushroom some, and they definitely harden up a fair amount. Although the hit gets harder, the play stays very good. It seems the grip doesn't change a ton. This tip "evolves", but each stage of evolution is very very nice. Since I've done tips for 15 years and own a lathe, it's no problem for me to trim it up from time to time.

For sure the hard is quite hard. The medium starts as a real medium but definitely hardens up. I actually liked the soft quite a lot.

It's a tip that's worth trying. It *feels* quite a bit like the old moori's...like back when they made a medium hard. I loved those tips back then, and I think this tip comes the closest from what I've felt.

Hope this helps,

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use them on all my cues. Just the best tips I've ever tried. I like both the medium and the soft. Almost no problem at all with mushrooming, but I trim the thickness down so it isn't a real thick tip to begin with. They hold their shape very nicely. Prior to that, I was pretty much sold on Morakami brown and Kamui.
It's really a personal preference and in trying each brand of tips, be honest with yourself about whether it performs to your expectations or not. For me, when it makes the shot and puts the cue ball exactly where you want it, it's a keeper. It takes discipline to play well every day and poor cueing habits may make you blame the tip, when all along you're loading the ball, jumping up or slugging every shot.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
exactly if you hit where you are aiming almost all tips will perform perfectly.
but ive been using his tips and they last long and dont mushroom at all.
but i harden the lower sides by burnishing when new and then not again.
and use the full tip.

i almost never miscue and use regular old chalk.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks in advanced.

I like the few soft and a medium I used, similar to the Kamui Browns. As kmrunout said, they mushroom a bit more than Kamui, my soft still has a soft feel after several months of use playing 2-3 times a week with it.

The Medium I had put on hits a bit stiffer than I thought a Medium should feel, but I am also using it on a different taper shaft than my other cue that has a Soft on it.

I'd recommend someone try it.