Predator Air 2 Jump Cue ???

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
Just how good does the Predator Air 2 jump cue work ??

So just how good are these new predator air 2 ,since these are out on the market now , how well do they jump ?

Last edited:

Cmbeers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to jump with one today. I can honestly say I don't like it. I use an original Predator Air and a tadpole. I can jump fairly well and the Air 2 doesn't feel good to me. Now with that being said, I jump dart style and my buddy shoots "normal" jump style and he really likes it. He was hitting them well.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was waiting on news about this cue. They took so damned long, I decided to go with the 3-piece Jacoby jump cue instead. No complaints. it jumps with both the dart and regular stroke, plus the little finger groove helps. I'd still like to try the air 2, though.

AZDazza

Just how good does the Predator Air 2 jump cue work ??

Ordered mine yesterday, should be with me in 7-10 days as i live in the UK.

I'll post once it has been received and i have tried it out :smile:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Tried it and watched the pros do some really sick stuff with it in Tunica... The original air was junk... well not junk... good kindling.... tadpole was junk... The air 2 does what a jump cue is meant to do... it gets the ball up and over on a predictable path without having to muscle it.... Right now I'd have to say it's the best production jumper on the market.... I say right now because I think something wicked this way comes from OB.......

Chris

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
The reason I ask is I have a Lomax which is the best jump cue I have ever tried. I went to this from the original Predator air. And I have the Mezz dual force as well which is a great break and jump combo. But my Lomax is the only jump cue I have ever tried that I can jump over a ball with in a peice of chalk or so . Thats with a dart stroke , but I also think its the best accurate jump cue also for long shots. I have no intentions of getting rid of my Lomax but I just like to have decent equiptment if it's worth it. But I figured I would ask around to see what other thought before I considered buying one. But I would like to get to try one also just to compare to how i know my Lomax jumps.. ,, if anyone has used the Air 2 I would like to hear what you think of it ,, Thanks

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I had my Air 2 out today and used it quite a bit. I am comfortable enough to jump within about a piece of chalk fairly consistently. It jumps very well with either a traditional stroke or with a dart stroke. I went from a cheap $50 jumper to this and it is a world if difference. I don't feel like I need to pound the cue ball anymore. The cue does all the work.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy just picked one up and I'm impressed...It would take me some time to get used to it but it does jump well...the big things I like about are the handle extension and the matte black finish...

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. It hits really well. I would say the lomax is a better jumper. Probably give the air the 8 ball. But the air is good. I have one for sale if someone wants one.

randytabares

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump Cue

I got mine and I think it is awesome. I have never been very good at jumping the ball. Not only am I jumping the ball I am making a few. the three piece design is pretty good and for long jumps it is comfortable. Like anything else you have to get used to it, hope this helps.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
there have been threads on the subject of which jumper is best and hands down it's always been Lomax 1st and Jacoby as a close 2nd, then all the others take their place well back.

as for the Predator Air 2, I have no personal experience but can tell you the 1st generation Predator Air didn't have enough weight to do the job well. For a jump cue to do it's job well, it has to be at least as heavy as a cue ball. The gen 1 pred was not. Hopefully, gen 2 is.

I wouldn't rely too much on videos and pros doing sick demos of any brand because, chances are, they have such a good technique that the brand doesn't matter so much.

If you are looking to jump on the cheapo, J&J will get you airborne very nicely for under $40.

The best in the biz: Lomax
Close 2nd plus a groove for darting: Jacoby

all imho, except the previous thread results which I've referenced accurately.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best in the biz: Lomax
Close 2nd plus a groove for darting: Jacoby.

best,
brian kc

I'm curious, have you ever tried a Hanshew jump cue?

I ask because i've tried both and kept the Hanshew. But i'm a darter and the finger hold made it better than the Lomax to me.