Predator p2

fenix206

Registered
I would like the verify the authenticity of a predator p2. It does not have a serial number on the butt and only says "Predator 2" I have another p2 that has the predator on it with serial number and I've seen others that say "Predator P2" also the bumper does not screw in, it is just a push in and does not have a predator on it. Please see images.
d0360e64-e4ee-d081.jpg
d0360e24-e4fa-8ad5.jpg
d0360e64-e50a-4aff.jpg
d0360e24-e51b-71ea.jpg
d0360e24-e526-5e85.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a P2 that I know is authentic because it was sold to me by Karim Belhaj (now head of the company).

The metal butt cap on my cue looks just like yours, with the inscription "PREDATOR 2" and no serial number -- just like yours.

However, the bumper on mine appears different from yours. My bumper meets the beveled metal butt cap smoothly and has a sharp angle where the bevel meets the flat bottom of the bumper. Your bumper appears to have a diameter that is larger than the butt cap at the point where they meet, and it seems to have a curvature at the bottom. Both of our bumpers just push in rather than screw in and both have a sort of cloverleaf shape to the tenon (rather than a smooth cylinder shape). Could your bumper be a replacement rather than an original? Did Predator change them during the run of the P2's? Are the differences just from wear (yours looks well worn, mine looks new)? I don't know.

But the butt cap, joint collar, and joint pin look just like mine. I hope this is of some assistance.

fenix206

Registered
Thanks that helps, this was probably a older model then. The bumper isn't a big issue, my bumper is pretty worn so it could have been changed or just very old. Thanks

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P2

Look at the joint pin,the old ones are not wrapped in black phenolic,you will see only the wood and the splices.If it has the phenolic and no number,phone Predator.

fenix206

Registered
Look at the joint pin,the old ones are not wrapped in black phenolic,you will see only the wood and the splices.If it has the phenolic and no number,phone Predator.

from the images, it looks like it is black phenolic correct?