Predator Uni-Loc Weight Cartridge Kit

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine bought a really nice Predator cue about a year ago and recently bought the weight cartridge kit to try and match the weight of his old Meucci cue. He maxed out the cue but still wasn't happy. My question is what material the weight bolts are made of, and would it be possible to use something like tungsten instead?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about Predator but weight bolts are not stressed and the thread is only to hold them in place so any material would do; lead slugs for instance with a short bolt to hold them.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bolts are likely to be some kind of steel.
Lead is more dense than steel
Tungsten is even more dense
Depleted Uranium is even denser still.....

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
A friend of mine bought a really nice Predator cue about a year ago and recently bought the weight cartridge kit to try and match the weight of his old Meucci cue. He maxed out the cue but still wasn't happy. My question is what material the weight bolts are made of, and would it be possible to use something like tungsten instead?
What are the weights of the Meucci and the maxed out Predator? Chances are that even if he gets the weights to be the same, the balance is still going to be different.

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the weights of the Meucci and the maxed out Predator? Chances are that even if he gets the weights to be the same, the balance is still going to be different.
Well aware of that, but he's played with the meucci cue for 40+ years. You know what they say about old dogs and tricks.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Predator weight kit I believe comes with 1 or 2 one ounce steel weights, and several aluminum weights: .2 oz, .4 oz., .5 oz....or something like that. I don't remember what it came with because I have switched out, added and removed weights from my kit so many times, I don't remember what the original configuration was. I buy and sell Predators and usually try to set the weight of the butt for the buyer.