predator Z shaft

WGCP

JUST ANOTHER DAY
I just ordered a new shaft, z2 with a moori "slow" tip... Does anyone have any experience with this shaft or tip? One of my friends told me the slow tip is actually a hard tip...
Thanks...:confused:

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
The slow tip is the soft tip. They label tip hardness according to the break in period. Quick is the hardest because it has the shortest break in period, and slow is the softest because it takes the longest to break in.

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Nope, the slow one is the softer tip from Moori. Howewer, it's harder than a soft "non-layered" tip. Personally I've never tried the slow but the medium and Quick are very good tips.

The Z shaft are good, but I will not recommend it for the beginners (I'don't know how is your speed...). A thicker shaft is much easy to play and provide more consistancy and margin of error in the stroke... JMO.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
it's not a conventional shaft - it's got a conical taper which isn't really condusive to a closed bridge, and a relatively small tip.

it's very popular with snooker players playing pool because it probably has more in common with a snooker cue than a traditional pool cue. (the taper mainly).

good luck with it!