pressing lepro tips

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy a handful of milkduds from my bud POOLDAWG8. I've been playing with those for a couple years now and absolutely love them. Made originally from a soft tip, soaked and compressed. So it holds chalk like a soft tip, but hits l like a medium tip. PERFECT!

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The most layered tips I installed are far more constistent from the first hit on like single layered. From my personal experience I would compare the tiger emerald partly to an average / good lepro. The emeralds very often have more mushrooming than other multilayerd tips, and they hold their shape not so well. So I know that the emeralds should be pressed, but only pressed, without soaking them.

After pressing an emerald or compressing it well after glueing, it behaves like most other multi layered tip: much less change in hardness than single layered and few or no mushrooming. But also at most multilayered tips you con see the same effect principally like scdiveteam desribed it (very good desription!) in the 2nd post of this thread. But the range of hardness' change is much smaller.

And if you choose a very high quality multi layered tip like the kamuis or some other brands, you have nearly no change in the tip's behavior from start to end.But this is only my limited experience because there are some multilayered tips that I haven't installed or played yet.

Riedmich,

I started this thread a while back:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=250503&highlight=Kamui
I was surprised at the number of guys that had the same experience as me.

Just food for thought.

Gary

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
Hi Gary,

I've never made experience with the Kamui black SS, but with all other medium and soft Kamuis that I used or installed to others there was very high consistency during the period of use. But if one asks my advice for a well playing medium multilayered tip, I first tell Moori medium. It is the one tip that is very similar from tip to tip, and this is worse at the Kamuis. What is difficult to separate is that there existed (or are still existing) some fakes from Kamui. I also had two of them, and they were black medium, but hard as a stone!

Going back to the original question, I think one must know, that most tips are the more consistent the harder they are from the beginning. And if it is going about soft qualities, the multi layered tips are usually more consistent than single layered with kess mushrooming. But I don't know one tip in soft quality, that is consistent from the beginning to the end and does not mushroom. Even not a soft pressed milkdud.

It would be interesting to know about the situation of fakes. Are there still fakes of Kamui or also from other brands?

Last edited: