Price for a used valley pool table?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thinking about putting a used valley pool table outdoors, under my patio roof, to practice durning the daytime. I will still have my diamond inside the house. I would have a good cover, and also a sheet of plywood on top, as i know my dogs will jump up on top to sleep. im thinking around 1000 to 1500 for a older valley?????? I would like to practice on a valley, as all the limited bars i have go to have valleys.

Thanks for any info. Judo

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I've seen a lot of them go for $200-$500. If you get one cheap, you can afford to buy new rails and cloth and still be in your budget range.
Ridgeback or Penguin pro cut pockets will make it a great practice table. I have a Valley 8' at home with Ridgebacks and it's great.

S8cs3sO.jpeg

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep your eyes on Craigslist and FB marketplace. Be patient,
Good does not mean Simonis 860 with new Ridgeback rails.
Since this is going to be an outdoor table I think good means around $500.
If it’s real good you can put another $500 in rails and cloth.

PracticeChampion

Usually 3-500 for a plain Jane, some that have had ridgeback or penguin rails put on usually go for 1000-1500 mostly because there usually newer and better shape

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually 3-500 for a plain Jane, some that have had ridgeback or penguin rails put on usually go for 1000-1500 mostly because there usually newer and better shape
where????? never seen anything but broke-down old junker Valley's for that kind of money.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thinking about putting a used valley pool table outdoors, under my patio roof, to practice durning the daytime. I will still have my diamond inside the house. I would have a good cover, and also a sheet of plywood on top, as i know my dogs will jump up on top to sleep. im thinking around 1000 to 1500 for a older valley?????? I would like to practice on a valley, as all the limited bars i have go to have valleys.

Thanks for any info. Judo
500 or less...easily

Get on Craigslist

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought one about a month ago for $500. Put Champion 30/30 and new Penguin pro cut rails on it and it plays nice.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valley tables are easy to work on. You can buy a shit one and get parts easy enuff. BUT Honestly none of them play great. Some of them play as good as a valley can play.

Get a cheap one and teach yourself how to fix it up.

OR U can get a playable one for $400-600

Hell I have seen people give them away. U just have to get it out of where it's been sitting.
One that needs TLC. 200-400.
I wouldn't worry about it playing perfect. Or even putting Ridgebacks your gonna leave it outside it will be completely trashed in ten years time.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Don't spend over $400 and plan on sticking into it $6-700 to make it tour-ready. If you can get into it for under $1000 you've done good. Over that, not so much. :cool:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I bought two in the last two years. Both at $400, the first was in the Chicago area and was a newer Valley that was an coin op table that was originally bought new for a private home🤔
I put new Simonis and Penguin rails on it so after I was done I had another $700 in it. It plays better then any Valley I have played on.

The second I put into my office and the table was a little rougher. I had to pull about 50 bumper stickers off and that was it. It will be upgraded soon with Andy cloth and Penguin rails. It plays like most Valleys do but tightening up the corner bolts(they tend to get loose) really helps a ton. Both tables were with in ten minutes of where I had to have them, so it was easy.

Valleys are easy to work on but god that box is heavy if there are stairs involved.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I bought a Valley back in March put Penguin Pro Cut rails on it with some Pro Form 505 cloth on it. I have right at $1500 in my table a lot cheaper than my Diamond I had, it plays great but I miss my Diamond.