Pro One Visuals and Sweeps

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interesting observation Stan. I will play a race to 7 tonight and log the visuals but my suspicions are as you outlined.

I would guess 70% are A/C thick, 20% B, 10% single line visuals.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interesting observation Stan. I will play a race to 7 tonight and log the visuals but my suspicions are as you outlined.

I think a lot of it probably has to do with whether or not you stay in line. The better players such as yourself and Stan will usually leave themselves with a good angle to get on the next shot. It just happens that for the Pro One users those end up being A/C visuals.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

I'm sure ones ability to play good shape will affect these percentages :)

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt - but when you look at the shot Bieber posted - it was a B visual and you couldn't get much more out of line than that :)

Cheers,
Gerry

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed with your visuals Gerry (just seeing this), glad Stan verified... :)

Also agree with rough percentages. Most (60 - 70%) of the shots are A/C visuals (first category in SEE), maybe 20 - 25% are B (second category), and the rest might be C or 1/8 overlap shots, depending on the layout of the table or how well you play position... :)

That's what I love about the systems - you are basically shooting the same shot over and over in each and every rack. That's why I take time out to work on my visual and sweeps for B, C, and 1/8 shots, specifically since they don't come up much. I am also currently working on my longer shots, I feel there are times where I'm near that 4 diamond distance, or just over, and am not clear whether to adjust or not. Visually I can make the shots most of the time, but I would like to further cement my understanding and execution of these outliers to continue to improve my consistency.

Scott

ln817

Registered
Stan,

any plans to get a head cam in the future? I think it will give your student a good view on how you are standing offset and letting them see what you see.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

any plans to get a head cam in the future? I think it will give your student a good view on how you are standing offset and letting them see what you see.

I will check into that and see what is involved. For sure, it might enhance some of what I do with my YouTube support videos.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let the community know. I will chip in 25 dollars towards the project :thumbup:

Thanks, but your support and interest alone are plenty enough of a prompt for me to check into this and possibly make it happen.

Stan Shuffett

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will check into that and see what is involved. For sure, it might enhance some of what I do with my YouTube support videos.

Stan Shuffett

If you don't mind being assimilated this one is free.

borg.jpg

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was practicing this shot last night! Cutting it to the upper left pocket and
then the mirror image from the other side of the table! I started out with a 1/8 overlap
with an inside sweep a couple of times and was slightly over cutting
the shot! Thought it might be my stroke! I then switched to a 1/8
overlap with an outside sweep and it was hitting the pocket!
Nice little shot to practice!!

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I made it with C single line visual and an inside sweep. These single line visuals are tough on me though - maybe Stan can confirm.

Nice shot to practice for sure.

Gerry

I was practicing this shot last night! Cutting it to the upper left pocket and
then the mirror image from the other side of the table! I started out with a 1/8 overlap
with an inside sweep a couple of times and was slightly over cutting
the shot! Thought it might be my stroke! I then switched to a 1/8
overlap with an outside sweep and it was hitting the pocket!
Nice little shot to practice!!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I made it with C single line visual and an inside sweep. These single line visuals are tough on me though - maybe Stan can confirm.

Nice shot to practice for sure.

Gerry

1/8 extremely thin shot - Outside sweep.... Pretty sure without being at my table. Will verify later and edit if needed.

Stan Shuffett

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe I should have taken it one visual further, just to confirm!!
Tough on me as well!!
Thanks Gerry!!

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
oh I was thinking he meant from a players point of view :)

Sorry for the confusion but yeah I meant for the shooters point of view. I don't think I need any video of that anymore as the light came on tonight. Been playing it all wrong and its sad cause I have been doing it wrong for years. Finally know what the visual sweeps are and how to move my eyes to the left and right, and found the right offset. Its amazing how you know how to fall on the correct line and know you are on the correct line. Now I know when the Pros say they don't use a system cause they just know the correct line and its just see the shot and shoot the shot. Its all just a sweep and shoot and watch the ball fall.

Thanks Stan CTE/Pro1 is the nuts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Great shooting. Im still waiting for a video with a players POV

I jsut did a little experiment with my phone camera.

My camera has gridlines.

So what I did is set up a an object ball and use either the right or left grid line to line up center CB with the edge of the ob. Then I pivoted the camera so that center CB was right in the center of the frame. THEN I had my assistant place the Ghost Ball to see if the GB would then be in the center of the frame as well.

And........ it was!