Pro One Visuals and Sweeps

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
8 Pack, what is the purpose of your posts? It may not be your intention to be a naysayers against CTE/Pro One but it sure comes across that way. If you don't like the system, don't understand the system or you can't get it to work for you, so be it. I've yet to see any of the people who really like CTE/Pro One say it is the only system everyone should use. I don't get why you'd waste your time with your cynical, negative posts. If you're trying to be witty at all, epic fail there dude.

I'm also not sure why these other guys bother to respond. From my end, when I'm done hitting submit reply on this post, you're going on ignore along with JAM and English. Your in rather illustrious company dude.

C'mon noby you aint got toe bee like that,I can understand me and English and btw where he go?:grin-square:When you put him on ignore did you hit his feeling and he just decided to quite az?Ok back to where I was ....I can understand me and english but Jam:confused: Whats wrong with you? thats one cool Lady.:smile:

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Almost. We have a two alignments where a visual perception locks onto both of them. This visual perception would be "fixed" for every CB/OB/P relationship. See my previous post.

P- Pocket
Stan done it blocking the pocket with the curtain,
He had direction,so your cb/ob /p theory is wrong.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
P- Pocket

If you can see enough of the rails during address, this is enough information to find the correct perceptions. If you blocked everything out except the curtain, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. I haven't tried figuring out where the limit is, but I'm sure there is a limit (how much of the rails/pockets can be blocked.)

So when I say CB/OB/P, by P I'm referring to the entire 2x1 square of the table with pockets in the corners.

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Anthony - bet you 100 I can make the shots with the curtain in play :)

If you can see enough of the rails during address, this is enough information to find the correct perceptions. If you blocked everything out except the curtain, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. I haven't tried figuring out where the limit is, but I'm sure there is a limit (how much of the rails/pockets can be blocked.)

So when I say CB/OB/P, by P I'm referring to the entire 2x1 square of the table with pockets in the corners.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P- Pocket

Yes, Anthony, I had direction but that's all. I did NOT know exact pocket locations for my curtain demos and I had no clue of center pocket or anywhere near. What's important is that the system does it's job in taking the eyes to correct shot lines that properly connect to pockets. So, bottom line is that in CTE PRO ONE exact pocket locations are not necessary.

And even with EXTENSIVE BLOCKING the CTE PRO ONE shot lines can still emerge.

I prefer at this time to NOT go into any more detail. Otherwise, why I am I doing a 13-15 month project for DVD2?

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
(Gerry)or any pro1 user.

( 0 to 90 degree's 5 lines, 2 sweeps - you missed 1/8 either side.)

1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct?

With these line ups, you can create a cut in the same direction(left or right) and have 5 different angles if the balls where always spoted in the same place?

Once you create your visual and sweep does this give you an exact path for the ob?
If not why?

What Stan stated here makes me think you create a exact line for the ob.

.....The curtain Test.....

( The system took me to the pockets... If the pockets were moved I could not make the balls and furthermore the system would not work with moved pockets even if I could see the pockets.

Stan Shuffett )

Since you can cover the pockets and make the balls,is it fair to say one could practice pro1 on any flat surface just as long as we have a cb an ob?

Be careful..:):)

Anthony

Stop dodging this.:smile:
Answer please,your boat is taking on water.;)
And please with out any of your confusing words.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
So basically you are asking if someone can hit a random targets on the pool table,right?

No,:) thats not what im asking.I think you can answer yes or no ,shouldnt be that hard for you.

Anthony

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
this is your question right?

"is it fair to say one could practice pro1 on any flat surface just as long as we have a cb an ob?"

You need to be a little more specific on the example even though I already know the answer but I will let others answer it.

1.-pro1 -1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct?

2.With these line ups, you can create a cut in the same direction(left or right) and have 5 different angles if the balls where always spoted in the same place?

3.Once you create your visual and sweep does this give you an exact path for the ob?
If not why?

What Stan stated here makes me think you create a exact line for the ob.

.....The curtain Test.....

( The system took me to the pockets... If the pockets were moved I could not make the balls and furthermore the system would not work with moved pockets even if I could see the pockets.

Stan Shuffett )

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When one masters this system, it is shocking as to how LITTLE information you need to pound a ball into a pocket.

If you can so much as touch a rail and have a clue as to where you're standing --- as well as seeing the OB/CB -- that's all you need to make the shot.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Since you have gotten no response I will answer above in bold. So lets see the shots you want to show that is going to prove the point you are trying to make :)

1.-pro1 -1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct? 5 each side times 2 because of the left and right sweep for a total of 10 for each side, but no biggie

But dont some share the same shot?Maybe a( b )with a right sweep also could be a (c )with a left sweep.?This is just an example.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
1.-pro1 -1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct? 5 each side times 2 because of the left and right sweep for a total of 10 for each side, but no biggie

But dont some share the same shot?Maybe a( b )with a right sweep also could be a (c )with a left sweep.?This is just an example.

On a perfectly straight-in shot, A-right and C-left are identical overlaps. A/C inside and B outside are always an identical overlap. I do not know of any other overlaps.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
yes, there are transition areas where two different alignments will place you in the same body position to move onto the shot line. It is also easy to stretch out alignment into another if you wanted to also, it all depends on the user and how he uses the system. Stan is holding firm on how he designed the system which he should! me and you can tweak it and do what we want, he can't and has a position he must hold.

So its 5 1.-1/8/rs (shared)2.-A/rs (shared)3.-B/rs (shared) 4.-C/rs 5.-1/8rs.(not shared)Really thin cut.

(rs-right sweep)

You have 5 cuts in one direction?
Also could you place a cb and ob on any surface and practice your pro1,and create a angle for the ob?yes or no:smile:

Anthony

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
1/8, A,B, edge to C, 1/8 all times 2 for left cut. If you chose to eliminate some thats up to the user.

"I" personally can shoot pro1 on any surface like how I think you are describing it. I am very aware of the contact point on the object ball and what alignment it will fall under. I actually practice from time to time shooting at random targets on the table using pro1.

Not understanding what your saying here,how many in one direction?Sorry:)

I think you could practice it on any type of table ,you need no rails or pockets ,from straight in to your thin cut.You have a true visual from the cb egde to a true visual at 1/8..a.....b.....c...1/8 add your exact sweep an you should have a exact shot line some where for the ob. Rite?

Btw thanks for getting back with me.....I guess some are having a tough go of trying to understand me.

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 visuals in either direction x 2 sweeps is 10 possibilities in each direction. Most go with 2 visuals though.

A inside is the same a B outside when distance is less than 4 diamonds.

So where you going with this Anthony - get to the point man :)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No you can't practice it on any flat surface. You need pockets. It also comes about because of the dimensions of the pool table.

After some thought you can practice it on any flat surface. While doing this you will be able to figure out where to put the pockets.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
5 visuals in either direction x 2 sweeps is 10 possibilities in each direction. Most go with 2 visuals though.

A inside is the same a B outside when distance is less than 4 diamonds.

So where you going with this Anthony - get to the point man :)

From what I understand there are 10 possibilities but most share the same shot line except for the really thin cut,so there's not 10 different shot angles.

10 different possibilities for pro1 but not 10 differenet angles.correct?

As soon as We establish how many shot angles there are in one direction from your line ups we can go foward.----From one set position ----.(cb an ob.)

A number please! :)

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't look at angles - I have 5 visuals with 2 sweeps so 10 possibilities to choose from to make all balls in 1 direction :) Most go with 2 visuals.

From what I understand there are 10 possibilities but most share the same shot line except for the really thin cut,so there's not 10 different shot angles.

10 different possibilities for pro1 but not 10 differenet angles.correct?

As soon as We establish how many shot angles there are in one direction from your line ups we can go foward.----From one set position ----.(cb an ob.)

A number please! :)