Pro Shop

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any billiard pro shops?

One thing that I haven't found is a place where you can demo a cue, or for that matter a table.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

One thing that I haven't found is a place where you can demo a cue, or for that matter a table.

Fly out to Phoenix, AZ. Go to Shoot the Bull, House of Cues. Thry have a huge selection of Cue, and you can demo anything in the store.

Only place in Arizona that is like that.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiard pro shop here in memphis. actually it is in lake land ...a suburb of memphis. you can try out cues on their olhausen tables. a pretty good selection of cues. some customs , but not as large of a selection of high end cues as the previous owner had.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Two that I know of:

Gebhardt's in NE Pennsylvania. I bought my first cue at the Allentown location.

Charlies Proshop @ the new Green Room in Dundalk. You won't find a nicer guy who gives it to you straight.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's surprising how many don't have a "demo" table and "demo" cues, when so many manufacturer's make demo cues.

There is a billiards shop right by my house and they won't let you demo anything, let alone touch half the stuff in the store. They've lost my business for that reason and many more.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozone Billiards in Kennesaw, GA just opened a new store, and it is massive. You can demo cues on Diamond tables. Sweet.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Come to the Super Billiards Expo in April and you can demo a bunch of cues.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cues I can understand unless they let you hit without chalk.

But tables.

Well IMO you have two choices

Diamond or brunswick

Save up and do it right the first time.

Look at dealers for floor models I got my Brunswick for $1600 plus tax. No accessories

Has same rails as the gold crowns and I had the pockets double shimmed.

That included setup I had to pay $50 delivery due to the distance. (40 miles)

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Damn I'm going to have to check it out. I live up in Dalton.

If you are looking for a production cue Ozone are great people and have a large selection. If you want a custom Hightower I also let people try them out on my table before they buy.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Jackson Custom Cues has a store with a table set up to use. You can try any of his cues and the "off brands" he sells. He also sells tables, new and used, and has several in different stages of completion.
McDermott also has a Pro Shop where they have tables set up that you can try along with cues, both are pretty nice places.