Probably pool is not for me

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is hard, if it was easy everyone would be a champion. some times you lose and the next time you match up you have to dig deep to win, but thats what it takes to be a winner. Heart, some got it others dont. And the word "heart" should appear more on AZB but it dont. wonder why:confused:

It doesn't because most people won't bet water is wet or fat meat is greasy. Pool has changed and I miss the 80s.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
I felt that same way. I took a break and have slowly getting back into it. The fun is back now that I only shoot when I want instead of just going out to go out.

I've found out after a lifetime of playing pool that for me I play my best when I want to go out and play pool, if I'm force to go play like playing leagues, sometimes my game just isn't there and I perform badly, and that leads to days if not weeks of terrible play for me, don't get me wrong leagues were great when I first started playing the game but over the years of playing leagues it just wasn't fun anymore so I quit them.

Now I like to play tournament's, I pick and choose when I want to play and my game stays at a high level most of the time, if I can't wait to get to a pool table to play , then I know I will play great pool that evening.

What really helps my game jump is watching two good players go at it for hours, then my next time on the table is an enjoyable experience for me and my game is very consistent and my learning curve goes way up.

If you don't have the want to play in you on a particular day/night just sit back and watch the good players for awhile, then when that " want to feeling" comes over you, you'll play much better!

David Harcrow

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
I used to play every day at work against people whom were far and away better players than I. I'd barely ever touched a cue prior but I'd always had fun when I did. The people at my work were all very competitive so they felt no need to teach me how to get better, it was very frustrating watching them run half their balls and then missing my own shot just to watch them finish up the game. After a couple weeks I really started paying attention to what they were doing and observing how they held their cue, the angles they used and the stroke speed. They thought they were just having fun kicking my butt but they were teaching me more than they knew and I loved every minute of it after that because each loss was a lesson learned. My game improved a lot, although that's not saying much, and while I never beat any of them I still got what I needed out of it. Don't watch the table, it'll just depress you, watch the player and the cue ball.

You got the game nailed down to a Tee!, I learned how to play by watching other players , where they are hitting the cue ball and what it did after contact, I used to stand behind snookers players when I was a kid and just learning the games, then I would go and practice by myself what they were doing and to my amazement my game would jump a ball every week.

David Harcrow