puducah ky

brock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any good places to play in Metropiles???? or Puducah is close aint it???????
ZZ Brock

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Paducah and there are several great places to play.

Metropolis, across the river about 5-6 miles away. In Metropolis, the place the play is "Trails Inn". They have about 6-7 bar tables and one 9 foot. It is clean, and no trouble. There will be games and action if wanted.

There are 3 main places to play (several bars too) in Paducah. The best place to play in Paducah is "Side Pockets". The owner is Dickie Todd, and he is player and fanatic about the quality of his tables. He gets his tables covered at least twice a year. There is alot of bank players (probably the game of choice in this room), (including Dickie) and others that I wont name that will (and have) gamble anyone. Buddy Hall plays there almost daily. If you play banks, one pocket, or 9 ball and want to gamble or chose not to gamble, it is IMO the best place. They do smoke in this room, no liquior just beer and soda. Friendly room, and action if wanted.

Maybe another 1 mile down the road is "Jukebox". Pretty big spot, but all bar box. I believe that they went all Diamond tables, but honestly I havent been in there since the change. I have gone there in the past and played in tournaments and $5 game bar box gambling. Probably more available, but thats all I have done there.

Maybe another 1 mile down the is a new place. New isnt true, but accurate. Its "Southside Billiards". The new owner has spent a ton of money and it is nice, clean, mostly new. No smoking but full bar. Several full size tables, several bar tables and one snooker table. The tables are fair but not the quality of Sidepockets. Very pleasant and they may have gambling but it is not known for it.

All have weekly tournaments and these all are places I would send any of my friends or family to play with no worries.

I hope this helps and let me know if you need more.

Ken

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paducah Action

Go to Side Pockets if you want to play on the best equipment in the area to just play.... or... We can most likely hook you up with just about any type game or action you want, one hole and banks are getting a lot of play lately. Early afternoons are the best times to set up games.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I think I played at Dickie's place several times a few years back... If it's the same place the outside definitely doesn't have curb appeal but the tables were all in fantastic shape and the owner was more than pleasant... I talked at length with him and he stated that he had a few olod items I might be interested in... I was going to try and acquire a few pieces but never made it back to the area... If this is indeed Dickie I would love to have contact info...

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dt

I think I played at Dickie's place several times a few years back... If it's the same place the outside definitely doesn't have curb appeal but the tables were all in fantastic shape and the owner was more than pleasant... I talked at length with him and he stated that he had a few olod items I might be interested in... I was going to try and acquire a few pieces but never made it back to the area... If this is indeed Dickie I would love to have contact info...

Dickie isnt a computer kind of guy... I sent you a PM. John

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side Pockets/Dickie Todd

In the '90s I was in Paducah several times, all of which were work related. I played at Side Pockets each time. As Ken stated the equipment was always in excellent condition and the people there were always cordial. I'll always remember Dickie. In fact Dickie called me a couple times at home in Bakersfield, CA after I stopped traveling just to check and see how everything was going. Side Pockets is the place to go if you are in the area.

Gerry S

brock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Ken an evar one who responded!!!! I will be heading over that way next week after Music City.