PURPLEHEART- I have much more than I need

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much is well seasoned purpleheart going for and is there any demand for some over two inches thick and nice straight grain. Very rich color. So far it is 17" wide by up to 6 feet long. I will be cutting it up soon. PM Bob
 
How much is well seasoned purpleheart going for and is there any demand for some over two inches thick and nice straight grain. Very rich color. So far it is 17" wide by up to 6 feet long. I will be cutting it up soon. PM Bob

You may consider ripping some of it into 1" X30 squares for break shafts if it's really straight grained and dry. 1 1/2 X 18 is very readily available and pretty cheap but I don't see the shaft size in good straight grain nearly as often. just a suggestion...
 
Purpleheart for Shafts

I was thinking of some one inch by 30s for shafts since the material is a little over 2 inches thick and looks to be nice straight grain from what I can see so far. I am starting a list and Poolcuemaster is on for shafts if it looks good.
 
send me some pics when it gets cut up as well.....i might take some.....i have wood suppliers here that keep the stuff stocked cheap.....but I wouldn't mind getting a couple shaft squares
 
I agree with the pack , shaft squares are the ticket , if the grain is straight and no figure as that indicates hard and soft spots . I'd also like to see some pics after it's processed . Thanx ;)
 
Back
Top