Quad Cities Rooms

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m going to be in the Quad Cities area for a few days starting this Thursday, and am looking for a nice place to play, and maybe enter a tournament. Any ideas would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

sam74

Registered
I can't remember the name and have never been there but did watch a stream of the midwest US bar box championship in Moline I believe a few years ago. It was a bar atmosphere with several 7 footers. A lot of pros showed up.

Just Googled it, leisure time billiards. I think Jesse Bowman's family owns it.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't remember the name and have never been there but did watch a stream of the midwest US bar box championship in Moline I believe a few years ago. It was a bar atmosphere with several 7 footers. A lot of pros showed up.

Just Googled it, leisure time billiards. I think Jesse Bowman's family owns it.

Thanks for the information. I’ll try and make it there, as well as look for some other places. Also, does anyone know if Joe Villipaerto still teaches in the area?

Last edited:

JPB2

Thanks for the information. I’ll try and make it there, as well as look for some other places. Also, does anyone know if Joe Villipaerto still teaches in the area?
I think he’s In Minneapolis if you are talking Joe Villalpando.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are the only rooms I frequent when I'm in the mood for pockets.
Sharleys (used to be Miller Time)
2902 E Kimberly Rd
Davenport, IA 52807
Nice room Also has Bowling
This is where Lil Joe would mostly hang out but as mentioned, he moved.

Leisure Time Billiards and Sports Bar
845 Avenue of the Cities,
East Moline, IL 61244
I believe this is where Mark Wilson would hang back when he lived near by.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are the only rooms I frequent when I'm in the mood for pockets.
Sharleys (used to be Miller Time)
2902 E Kimberly Rd
Davenport, IA 52807
Nice room Also has Bowling
This is where Lil Joe would mostly hang out but as mentioned, he moved.

Leisure Time Billiards and Sports Bar
845 Avenue of the Cities,
East Moline, IL 61244
I believe this is where Mark Wilson would hang back when he lived near by.

I thought I would update this in case anyone is traveling there.

Sharkey’s no longer has tables, and I didn’t make it to Leisure Time, hope to in the future.

Otherwise, I found nothing but bad bar tables, no players, and zero action.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sharkey’s no longer has tables, and I didn’t make it to Leisure Time, hope to in the future.

Wow that's disappointing.
The room did change hands a couple years ago.
Likely the reason it collapsed.
Maybe landlord issues.
The place had great business.

sam74

Registered

I was in Davenport a few years ago for a job interview and I stopped by a bar downtown on North Brady St somewhere near the arcade bar that had a couple of bar tables close to the hotel. I swear they rolled off by at least 6 inches. I'm pretty sure no one had ever put a level on them. I did ask the bartender if they get many pool players and he or she said nobody ever plays on them. Those take up a lot of space for nobody using them. I wasn't able to locate that place on google maps so I assume it didn't last. If you make it back that way analog arcade bar was pretty cool in my opinion if you were ever into that sort of thing.

camaro69926

Registered
I live in the Quad Cities. Leisure Time Billiards is the only real pool hall we have. Sharky's closed. there are a quite a few places that have more than one 7' table, they all drop quarters per game. If i knew which hotel you are at i could list bars that have multiple tables

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in the Quad Cities. Leisure Time Billiards is the only real pool hall we have. Sharky's closed. there are a quite a few places that have more than one 7' table, they all drop quarters per game. If i knew which hotel you are at i could list bars that have multiple tables
Definitely a shame, Quad cities metro could easily support 2 or 3 well run spots. By the way, how is your sons game coming along?

camaro69926

Registered
Definitely a shame, Quad cities metro could easily support 2 or 3 well run spots. By the way, how is your sons game coming along?
I agree. We have had so many champions out of here. So much history here and we only have one pool hall.

Thank you for asking about my son. He signed with Matchroom. He played at the McDermott Classic and made it to the final day and got some Mosconi points :). Now we are getting ready for the Super Billiards Expo.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. We have had so many champions out of here. So much history here and we only have one pool hall.

Thank you for asking about my son. He signed with Matchroom. He played at the McDermott Classic and made it to the final day and got some Mosconi points :). Now we are getting ready for the Super Billiards Expo.

Do you guys truly think a room would make it there? Sounds like a good business opportunity......

camaro69926

Registered
Do you guys truly think a room would make it there? Sounds like a good business opportunity......
I think so. They have in the past. Sharky's was sold to a new person and they were not pool fans. They bought the building for the bowling alley. Sharky's before it was sold had a league nights every week night and on friday and saturday nights there was usually a waiting list. The grill at Sharky's was really small, but was kept busy all night. Leisure Time is across the river. They are not as busy as Sharky's was. Leisure Time has been around for decades so they are doing something right :)