Question about taper of a cue?

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Just wondering, I got a 1985 Weir/adam cue. The cue moves the cueball better than any cue i have owned. It feels a little thicker in the handle area and not just in the back. I think it has to do with the taper of the butt. I noticed when i put it on the table the joint is off the table about a credit card thickness. when i roll it it is straight but end of joint never touches the table. So the butt doesnt have a constant taper from end of joint to end of butt. What kind of taper would this be or be called? I think this is why it moves the cueball so well. Thanks!
 
This is why the Indians never tapered their arrows shafts. :) Shot straighter with what they had. :)
 
Going from the age of the cue i would think that it's warped
Nope not warped. The dial indicator on my lathe proves it. I think epoxypop is right... I measure the taper on the handle and it tapers some but not much and the base of the forearm where handle connects is slightly bigger diameter.
 
I believe certain cues had compound/parabolic tapers.
Take the above information with a grain of salt. I am NOT a Cue-Maker.
👍
 
Nope not warped. The dial indicator on my lathe proves it. I think epoxypop is right... I measure the taper on the handle and it tapers some but not much and the base of the forearm where handle connects is slightly bigger diameter.
Well no pictures, so we need to rely on your description
 
Back
Top