Question about the APA

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have never understood the allure of the APA US Amateur Championship. Everybody who enters pays $40 or $50 to qualify, and the lucky person to win the qualifier might (that's a big might) receive travel assistance to go to Florida to play in a tournament where there is a whopping $0 payout. You literally get nothing for winning. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Not everyone is motivated by money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigB

Registered
Not everyone is motivated by money.

I would say that the only motivation to have the tournament is money. When you consider how much money is made by the APA putting on the tournament, to not offer a payout just seems wrong.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I would say that the only motivation to have the tournament is money. When you consider how much money is made by the APA putting on the tournament, to not offer a payout just seems wrong.

So how much is made and how much is spent for costs incurred with running the tourny do you think all of those room owners of the prelims and final are giving the use of there room for free?

Sure the Apa makes money but I don't think they are getting rich off of this event.

bottom line there are players in this event every year. I played in the event 15 years ago. No payout then and nobody cared.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lorider..who is your new TAP op?

I have no idea who runs tap in this area. There is not any current tap activity in this area.....that I am aware of. I have seen a tap poster hanging at a bar I play at some times but its been hanging there for the last 5 years that i have been playing there.