Question for long time Revo/CF users...

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
So I picked up a Revo around the time they came out. Havent really used it. Hit balls with it here and there. Let others try it out. Stuff like that.

I'm currently having a sneaky made from my fav cuemaker and I've been debating giving the Revo a try.

So those who have used the Revo regularly over the last few years... how well do they hold up? Like wear and tear wise. Anything noticable about it change since you bought it? I prefer not to wear a glove and as of right now the Revo is fine with no glove, does that change at all?

I guess this question can go to for any of the CF shafts really.

Thanks,

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using my revo for last few years. I put about 10 hours a week on it. The only maintenance I have done is shape the tip. The shaft is like new. I like Revo but I do worry about replacing the tip because of the required small pad. Not sure if my local tip guy can replace tip.

I always thought the sneaky/revo is the perfect cue to leave in your car. I don’t think the hot cold would effect it.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been playing Revo's since they came out and I change tips on Revo's all the time on my shafts and for friends and league team members. I have a small lathe that is perfect for changing tips. You just have to be careful when you remove the old tip. As soon as I get to the pad I leave the remaining remnants of the previous tip as the thickness is so fine it's hardly measurable. You have to tape the shaft just as you would on a wood shaft to protect it.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have been playing Revo's since they came out and I change tips on Revo's all the time on my shafts and for friends and league team members. I have a small lathe that is perfect for changing tips. You just have to be careful when you remove the old tip. As soon as I get to the pad I leave the remaining remnants of the previous tip as the thickness is so fine it's hardly measurable. You have to tape the shaft just as you would on a wood shaft to protect it.
Can you link me to the lathe you have for tips?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing negative with mine. Can use with other cues with a thread adapter