Question for those who cannot put in a table at home

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever designed or created a small setup at home so you could physically strike a cueball? ....something just to maintain your feel when you can't get on a table yet still want to do it at home.

I was considering doing something like this to help rectify some mechanical flaws, and was curious if others have tried it, and what they tried. I need a way to hit a few thousand balls at home in tight quarters and could care-less where the ball goes as long as it doesn't break one of my windows or knockout the pets hehe.

Thanks.
 
I've thought about it, but I couldn't come up with a good way to put the cloth on a table or counter in a temporary way. I don't really have anywhere in the house to rig it up permanently.
 
I did it. I had a pool hall give me a piece of simonis that had just been ripped off a table. I bought 3 junk home table rails from a mechanic on here. I set up a little station against a wall. I did it half assed just to see if I'd like it. I ended up almost never using it so I didn't finish it properly.
 
I was thinking of just cardboarding and felting the kitchen table, then shooting the cueball into some sort of catch bin, or maybe up a small ramp. Stopping the cueball without damaging anything seems to be the challenge.
 
Buy the biggest kid/toy table you can find that can be taken down/stored easily. I bought one for my kid and actually used it more than he did, until I was finally able to convince my better half to let me put a 7ft in the middle of our living room lol
 
I had a buddy that got one of those Buddy Hall stroke trainers and mounted it on a board he covered with cheap flannel. He strapped an empty beer bottle to the board at a point he most commonly addressed the cue ball at, about 8" to 12" and he he would practice his stroke every day striking the bottle. He developed one of the smoothest strokes and most delicate touches I ever saw. He always said he owed it to Buddy, I thought he owed more of it to Coors
 
I had a bathroom counter that was roughly the height of a pool table, slightly taller. I set up a bunch of towels in the corner of the counter to catch a pool ball. When I felt like trying something with my stroke, I could set that up and try anything other than a power stroke.
 
Back
Top