QUICK CLEAN TABLE CLEANER

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
anyone have experience with this product?

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Yes, I have been using it on my GC with 860HR for about a year. Clean it every Friday. Still have two full cans before I have to re-order.

I'll be honest, I was told it has silicone in it and I've done zero research to find out. "They" told me it'd stain and leave marks. However, I vacuum the table, use an X-1 cleaner and then spray down a fine mist and wipe it down. To eliminate any chalk dust spots that would cling to the spray I suppose.

I have never put it on as heavy as the YouTube video shows.

Towards the bottom of the can you get some spurts while spraying that leave nickel sized spots, but they have always dried up.

The two guys that delivered my buddies Diamond basically said they wouldn't spray it on their table if you paid them. They mentioned it makes the cloth "starchy". But I had already used it for months so what the hell. I'll only know when I recover the table.

I'll continue to use it unless I have negative results honestly.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I have been using it on my GC with 860HR for about a year. Clean it every Friday. Still have two full cans before I have to re-order.

I'll be honest, I was told it has silicone in it and I've done zero research to find out. "They" told me it'd stain and leave marks. However, I vacuum the table, use an X-1 cleaner and then spray down a fine mist and wipe it down. To eliminate any chalk dust spots that would cling to the spray I suppose.

I have never put it on as heavy as the YouTube video shows.

Towards the bottom of the can you get some spurts while spraying that leave nickel sized spots, but they have always dried up.

The two guys that delivered my buddies Diamond basically said they wouldn't spray it on their table if you paid them. They mentioned it makes the cloth "starchy". But I had already used it for months so what the hell. I'll only know when I recover the table.

I'll continue to use it unless I have negative results honestly.
Thanks very much for your reply …..👍

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I’ve used it on 860HR with no negative issues that I’m aware of. I’m using a different cleaner now. I also use a lint roller which to be honest seems to get the best results out of anything alone (vacuum, cleaner, brush, etc). The amount of crud the lint roller picks up can be surprising.

poolsparky

I use it all of the time and have for years on many tables. Opinions are like a..holes we all have them. The bars and Pool rooms most likely use something less expensive. All is good as long as it works.

Reactions: bbb

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Old thread but… used it twice and left marks/spots on cloth. Had to work hard with damp clothes to get spot like marks out.

WilliamK

Registered
I wouldn't use it.

Brush, nap and iron only. In fact the less ironing the better if you want the cloth to last.

At one local club, the tables are serviced weekly. The guy washes the cloth, which is unheard of in my 50 years around tables.

I am talking about full sized snooker tables and recovering can cost $1500-2000 so no-one wants to mess with them. My own table is as good as new after 6 years (played 2-3 hours every day) and it has been ironed 3 times.

GentlemanJames

Used it on our league bar boxes for years, works like a champ; just don't over-apply - light mist, don't soak the cloth - and, get the shammy on a stick thing that goes with it, and you'll be fine. If you glob it on, you'll get dark wet spots on the cloth, but don't worry, be patient, and they will dry up on their own and vanish. - GJ

Last edited:

Zerksies

I use to work in a pool hall. I would vacuum the tables daily and wipe the rails with a wet rag.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
To follow up my original review...

I just recovered my GC in 860HR and the cloth I pulled off felt exactly like the new cut I put on, less the color fade obviously. It didn't feel starchy or dry and the only reason I recovered the table was to match the new rails/top.

I haven't cleaned it since installing yet (except for the vacuum and X1) but I'm sure I'll order a couple cans since it didn't do any harm.

I've also taken a warm, damp rag and wiped it down lightly. Mainly to get some hand grease marks up. That worked well also. So I'm sorta torn if it helps or hurts. The squeegee rag that I used isn't dirty or discolored at all after two+ years. Probably due to vacuum and X1 before spraying.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I've been using it on mine since the table was new. I'm always surprised by how much chalk ends up on the microfiber towel, even after a vac and a X-1 session. I had grey Championship cloth replaced with blue 860 last week and the cloth that came off looked brand new.

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I’ve used it on 860HR with no negative issues that I’m aware of. I’m using a different cleaner now. I also use a lint roller which to be honest seems to get the best results out of anything alone (vacuum, cleaner, brush, etc). The amount of crud the lint roller picks up can be surprising.
I agree with this method, microfiber cloths pick up a ton, and thats basically what the x cleaner is except with a handle, smaller surface area, and more expensive lol. Small hand held vacuum cleaner and I have the actual pool table lint roller named Cue candy felt saver. I also do this all on 860HR