Raga vs Orcollo

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't Raga a top notch player? I'm surprised he needs such a handicap

i guess with dennis repatriated to PI raga got demoted a notch. maybe dennis > biado > raga

funny cat, raga. doesn't seem to like travel and/or maybe some other prerequisite that major tournaments comes with. he played china open some year ago, and all japan open the same year. other than that he seems to prefer being a big fish in a medium-sized pond to testing his abilities against the international elite players.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the 45 minute mark in the match, it was announced that the Shark's Management has arranged for Filler to travel to the Philippines and play against Orcollo. At the 47 minute mark, they said SVB is also going (after the World Cup of Pool).

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the 45 minute mark in the match, it was announced that the Shark's Management has arranged for Filler to travel to the Philippines and play against Orcollo. At the 47 minute mark, they said SVB is also going (after the World Cup of Pool).
In my opinion gambling matches are a different animal than tournaments. At this point in their careers, I would think that Filler has a slight edge in short tournament races. We've seen them match up a few times in races to 7, 9, or 11. Filipino money matches are always to odd numbers like 21 or 25. I think this would be a pretty good match to sweat plus Orcollo would have home turf advantage.

In all honesty though I think a more intriguing matchup would be Filler and Raga. I think Anton Raga is the next top end player coming out of the PI and has beaten Orcollo and Biado in other matches on youtube. I wouldn't give to much credence to the handicap of this past match. I remember an interview where James Aranas said in the PI they take the home table advantage seriously. He could spot a certain player on his home room the 8 in 10 ball, but it would be flipped if they played on the other persons home pool hall. I guess table rolls and humidity probably play a big role.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He could get known as Joshua Piller.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raga plays Dennis even on that popular huge pockets Maxima table.
On tight Gold Crown or Diamond in an ideal conditions, Dennis runs over him.
Gave him the 8 and BBQ d him.
Looks like he beat him giving him the 7 in the above match, so the handicap was right