Railbird Videos

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I ran across a couple of VHS tapes I purchased a few years back, I believe off eBay. They are "Railbird Videos, copyright 2003". I have one entitled West Coast One-Pocket - Cornbread vs. Strawberry and one entitled Backers Bet $1000 A Game - Efren vs. Grady. Both tapes are home video footage without any type of commentary. I did a few searches on the internet for "Railbird Video" and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know who produced/marketed these or who "Railbird Videos" is? I'd like to find some info out about the matches.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
do you want to sell them? if not I'd sure like to get a copy of the them BTW I have a way to duplicate onto DVD... we could work something out... Pm me if you're interested

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
The seller went by the username tenfttall. (ebay) I stopped buying after too many disappointments...tapes that didn't play or with very poor production value. If you locate him, be sure to ask specific questions about the quality of the material before buying. Seller never ripped me off, I was just disappointed with the product.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Drawman623 said:
The seller went by the username tenfttall. (ebay) I stopped buying after too many disappointments...tapes that didn't play or with very poor production value. If you locate him, be sure to ask specific questions about the quality of the material before buying. Seller never ripped me off, I was just disappointed with the product.

Thanks Drawman, that name tenfttall does ring a bell. The quality of the tapes is OK considering they were home videos. They're very watchable, but obviously not the quality of TAR or Accu-Stats.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
The Efren/Grady tape is a race to 4 right? Efren wins 4-3?

If thats the case, then the tape I believe was shot by Accustats, after hours at the first Willards Int'l tournament in Chicago circa 1991. The dvd I have of that tape was marked a race for 3k but of course thats just written on the dvd and is likely wrong. The person who would know the details is Grady. Grady btw played great and showed tremendous heart in this match.