RAMBOW LEVEL 5 prototype

Jwchandler

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures with information I know about the cue.
This cue is personalized with the name "Mike Paluch." It includes one original shaft, with the players initials "MP." This may be the only shaft it came with as I estimate it to be made from 1939-1941. The signature is not as bold as Rambow's later examples. I believe this piece is one of his early titlist prototypes. This is indicated in the unique ivory and ebony joint, on the shaft, that screws into the all brass joint. The rosewood butt is screwed in place. It is screwed directly into the wood. There is no brass channel for the screw to travel. This piece has 48 circular inlays of ivory, ebony, and mother of pearl. It features a green Irish linen wrap, with the classic 4 rosewood points. The points are embraced by 4 colored veneers. The ivory tip is very small (11.0) All of this amazing rarity is in original and untampered with condition. The shaft has a warp due to it's age. Any additional information regarding this cue would be greatly appreciated!! What do you think Rambow experts?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Prepare for a mountain of offers on this one.

PM me if you are selling and want to know a decent price for it.

2strong4u

Banned
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Rambow didn't do the signatures on these cues himself. Cues marked "made by Rambow" fetch the most money. I expect this cue was made at a later date than you specified. Take much better photos and good luck with your sale.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Cue was probably made in the early to mid 1950's at his Chicago shop, before the "Made by Rambow" was being used. The veneer colors are more colorful than the early 1940's Titlists.This cue is going to get a lot of action if sold. Might be worth a try to track down someone in the Paluch family for a history. Might be easier than you think with that unusual name. I was able to track down the original owner of a Palmer using the internet.

Last edited:

Jwchandler

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!!!

Tate put me in touch with the son of Michael Paluch, the original owner of this cue. IT IS NOT A PROTOTYPE!!! It was ordered sometime in the early to late 50's. The original owner is no longer alive, but Paluch's son, of the same name, told me his father had worked at a pool hall by the name of Gage Park. Gage Park was in Chicago. It housed 25 nine foot tables, and a snooker table. It was also a bowling alley! He stated that the pool hall was demolished years ago, but recalled spending many nights in the pool hall watching his father play. The son stated that Michael Paluch Sr. had purchased 2 cues from Rambow! Both cues came with 2 initialized shafts. The cue I have in my possession was the second cue Paluch purchased, and this is how it came to be...
Michael Paluch ordered his first Rambow once working in the pool hall. He began playing for money and hustling patrons of Gage Park. In a few years, he had earned enough winnings that he went back to Rambow. This time, he could afford all the bells and whistles. What he came up with was a highly customized, level 5, cue. This was the cue that is now in my possession. Michael Paluch's game must have been on point. That, or he was playing the right guys:) He was able to afford a level 5 Rambow, while working part time at a pool hall, and attending trade school to become a barber. Sounds like Paluch could cut anything. The so. Did not know the exact years either cue was purchased, but did say that he had sold them himself after his father had passed away.
Michael Paluch's 2nd Rambow is now a part of m collection. I am interested in selling it. This has to be one of the most customized Rambow's ever. I am asking $7,500.00. It has one shaft. The other one was lost along the way. The one shaft is warped, but the Butt is in solid condition, with slight staining on the linen wrap. PM me with any questions. Thanks for reading
-Chandler

Jwchandler

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpidy bumpski!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 869