been practicing and playing for 8 months, mostly alone. watching videos, reading books, doing drill after drill. going thru times when I just sucked big time. weathered the storm, and just kept practicing and shooting. bought a new cue, with a narrower taper, seemed to help. but then one night I said screw this, lets slow down and think about each shot, and then think about the next shot, ect.
that seemed to do the trick. I started playing better. still have lots of things to work on, but tonight I racked a 9 ball rack, and broke, made two balls. had no shot on the one, so took ball in hand and ran the rest of the balls.
first time ever with out cheating. I could not believe it. made one crazy shot, and the rest I set each shot up and they fell.
no more letting the cue ball flail around the table. whitey goes where I tell it to now.
I LOVE THIS GAME OF POOL. GOTTA GO AND HAVE A DRINK TO CELEBRATE.
That's a good feeling. Congrats! Just remember this. In 9-Ball you need to play three balls ahead, that's all. The ball you're shooting at and the next two balls. Play the game like that and you'll be fine for the time being. :thumbup:
P.S. You're already a little ahead of the curve. Typically the first year is all about learning to make balls. The second year is learning to control the cue ball, and the third year is refining both of the above. If you work hard and put in the necessary table time you should be a decent shortstop after three years. Then you can take on the world!
P.P.S. Try to practice with players slightly better than you, but not so much better that you won't get to shoot. A really long competitive session (eight hours plus) one time a week will do wonders for your game! When you're tired your body will find ways to make it easier for you to shoot balls. Don't ask me how that works, but it does.
Last edited: