Rant about "forgetfulness"

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
So in the midst of being extremely pissed about how people at cue components promise things and never deliver I can't help but let others know about their "word".
I needed another dipping tank since after moving my shop it was completely crushed. And since I needed some Resolute, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and order from cue components. After calling there on June 18th, I was promised that if I ordered it that night, he'd ship it out on the 19th so I could have it on the 24th... didn't show. I figured that I'd give him a chance and wait till the next day before I asked for a tracking number (still going on his word and the benefit of the doubt). When it didn't show the next day, I asked for the tracking number to which he replied that he sent it out that day (instead of the day he promised)!! I bite my words and just accept it. Finally see that the package had been delivered the following monday. Only problem was that the dipping tank wasn't there. I decided to call again and let them know that there was only one item in the shipment. The reply was that he'd ship it out the next day so I could have it TODAY JULY 7TH. Now it's today, and guess what... IT'S NOT HERE!! So, yet again I call there... I forgot to send it out... it was a holiday weekend. TUESDAY WASN'T A FRIGGIN HOLIDAY, NOR PART OF THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!! I don't say that, but he's adding fuel to my silent rage when I tell him that this isn't the first time they've boned me on my orders by not keeping up on their promises. That's when he HANGS UP ON ME. I'm pissed. Call back and say, "yeah, I'm the dude you just hung up on, I want my confirmation number." I get it. Nothing yet online, just have to wait to see if it actually went out.

I know that others have had problems with this place, while others have had nothing but good times. Just a rant...

Last edited:

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
Sounds par for the course i have never heard a good thing from anyone i wonder how someone stays in business treating a customer that way the pool cue maker/repair field is fairly small the word gets around quick.
if you dont get a tank we have them instock let me know.

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
brianna187 said:
Sounds par for the course i have never heard a good thing from anyone i wonder how someone stays in business treating a customer that way the pool cue maker/repair field is fairly small the word gets around quick.
if you dont get a tank we have them instock let me know.

I appreciate the offer Lee. I only hope that I get the dang thing so I don't end up paying for it twice... If it comes down to it (meaning I don't get it by the promised day of THIS THURSDAY), I'll snap the order to you. What does it cost?

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Ya pays your money and Ya takes your chances.

Have you been double charged yet?

I knew years ago that I did not want anything to do with that outfit.
He came across as a snake oil salesman, slick, smooth, and silver tonged.
Everything was just too "perfect".

I guess he works on cue maker time also ... :D

Last edited:

RocketQ

It's Not Rocket Science
Silver Member
II just built 4 more to give me 5 2 for shafts and shorter ones for handles prongs and experimentation. Price of shc 40 went up a bunch in the last couple years.

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for Cue Components goes, Joe has been nothing but good to me. He probably really just forgot. The Holiday may have not started until Friday, but my business phone barely rang all week. I'm lazy and I even built my own.

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
Tony Zinzola said:
As for Cue Components goes, Joe has been nothing but good to me. He probably really just forgot. The Holiday may have not started until Friday, but my business phone barely rang all week. I'm lazy and I even built my own.
They forgot 3 times man! Once is an accident twice is on purpose. Three times ....

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
RocketQ said:
II just built 4 more to give me 5 2 for shafts and shorter ones for handles prongs and experimentation. Price of shc 40 went up a bunch in the last couple years.

John, you going into full production?
Need another employee ... I will come work for you ... :grin: