Rare Earl Strickland Leaping Frog Meucci Info request

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for some info. Cue is posted in the gallery. Quite a few people want to buy it but nobody has much info to share on it. Hoping a Meucci collector will see it here as there seems to be more traffic here. If you know anything about it feel free to reply or PM me.
At this point all I know is this cue never went into production. I've heard of it but never seen one till now. If anyone knows how many were made it would be helpful. I've heard 6 and 12 but hoping somebody really knows. Thanks!







 
Last edited:
They are still in business, so just ask them.

Calling Meucci and trying to get an answer about a cue that was made 30 years ago didn't get me anywhere. Of course Bob wasn't available and I'm guessing the gentleman (Darren) that I spoke to hasn't been there 30 years. He had no info about the cue nor any knowledge of it ever being made. Told me he'd ask Bob but that was weeks ago. They have a business to run and I understand how something important to me might not be to him. So yes, I tried that route.
 
I can offer a little info

In 82 or 83, I spoke with Earl in Bowling Green, Ky as he was banging balls around during a turney week. He was playing with this cue which was according to him going the be the too cue in a line that Bob was developing for him. It would be called the frogger. I tried to buy the cue and at first it seemed a go, yet I think Earl knew that it was not good business between He and Meucci to let it out. He had it in a 6 cue flat hard case....the display style at that time. There were 6 Strickland cues in the new line. This was the time period when Rempe was endorsed by Meucci as well as a few other pros.
Meucci at the company level will not speak about it publicly. I have went down that road before. I was told at that time that there were only 2..... The one Earl was testing out and the prototype.....thats what Earl said. Not much help, but thought I would share as I have often wondered about thus cue and no one knew anything about it .
He had it
 
Thanks for this info.






In 82 or 83, I spoke with Earl in Bowling Green, Ky as he was banging balls around during a turney week. He was playing with this cue which was according to him going the be the too cue in a line that Bob was developing for him. It would be called the frogger. I tried to buy the cue and at first it seemed a go, yet I think Earl knew that it was not good business between He and Meucci to let it out. He had it in a 6 cue flat hard case....the display style at that time. There were 6 Strickland cues in the new line. This was the time period when Rempe was endorsed by Meucci as well as a few other pros.
Meucci at the company level will not speak about it publicly. I have went down that road before. I was told at that time that there were only 2..... The one Earl was testing out and the prototype.....thats what Earl said. Not much help, but thought I would share as I have often wondered about thus cue and no one knew anything about it .
He had it
 
Last edited:
Back
Top