Ray Martin's Birthday

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Yep, today is Ray Martin's birthday. :happy-birthday:
I hope all AZ'ers will join me in wishing him a happy birthday.
He is in fine health and going strong. :thumbup2:
You can still take lessons from one of the greatest straight pool players
to ever walk the earth. :bow-down: Give him a call at 727 598 5561.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, our own JAM and Ray Martin having the same b'day!

I wish I was closer, because I'd take Ray up on lessons in a jiffy!

-Sean

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday!!!

How you have a very Happy Birthday Ray. You know I lived in Frairlawn way back when you did but I never knew then that you lived there, wish I had I would have taken lessons back then. Used to play over in Paramus over at Richie Browns place on RT. 17 Plaza Billiards.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have spoke to ray a couple times and he is a great person, Happy b-Day Mr Ray!!!

About 2 years ago Rays daughter found me, I own a Gus that Ray had Gus build back in the 70's. Its the best hitting Gus I own IMO, she wanted it for her son or Ray's grandson. I made her a promis that when I die she gets the cue, it should be in the family and I will always keep that promis, I have it set up so forsure the cue will go back to Rays family when I'm gone, I hope they dont put a hit on me:wink: Just kidding. But in all seriousness I want to be sure the cue is back in the family in a few years, I feel thats the right thing to do. i'm never selling it, I was playing with it every couple weeks until this past Arpil when I sold my house, I'm going to keep playing with it.

I hope Ray has a great B-day and his family buys him a big cake!! they sure are great people.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 99 Critical Shots in Pool

Happy Birthday Ray, The 99 Critical Shots in Pool, which I got probably in 1996, is one of the best most understandable books on pool I have ever read, and reread , and reread. I keep it at my table near my chair in the family room and still thumb thru it, several times a week.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have spoke to ray a couple times and he is a great person, Happy b-Day Mr Ray!!!

About 2 years ago Rays daughter found me, I own a Gus that Ray had Gus build back in the 70's. Its the best hitting Gus I own IMO, she wanted it for her son or Ray's grandson. I made her a promis that when I die she gets the cue, it should be in the family and I will always keep that promis, I have it set up so forsure the cue will go back to Rays family when I'm gone, I hope they dont put a hit on me:wink: Just kidding. But in all seriousness I want to be sure the cue is back in the family in a few years, I feel thats the right thing to do. i'm never selling it, I was playing with it every couple weeks until this past Arpil when I sold my house, I'm going to keep playing with it.

I hope Ray has a great B-day and his family buys him a big cake!! they sure are great people.

Well thank you very much for those kind words,i must put you on my list of great men,there are not many like you.
Ray

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you very much for posting Steve, and thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes.
Ray Martin

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy birthday Ray. I'm going to be in your area next month maybe we can get together for a lesson. :happy-birthday:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

happy birthday ray:wink:
steve btw where in fl are you???

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Happy Birthday, Ray.

Lou Figueroa
took the lesson Friday :)

steveinflorida

Silver Member
happy birthday ray:wink:
steve btw where in fl are you???

Clearwater. Ray lives just up the road a piece in Largo.
Ray had a lot to do with me moving here eight years ago.
I was living in Sebring (nice), but, now I live in the greatest place. :thumbup:
Clearwater Beach is 4 miles from my front door and Tampa Bay is three, as is Family Billiards, a great place to play. :cool:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Happy Birthday Cool Cat!!! You're my favorite player of your generation (and a few other generations, too). You've outlasted them all, including hall of famers born long after you that can't fade your game today!:thumbup: