Real Joss West? Tell me what you think.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bill, so if I put a regular joss or schon shaft on it, and it screws down tight, does that mean it is a Joss West or it isn't a Joss West. Tom

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, I tried screwing my joss shaft down and would start but only go about half way down, really don't know what that means. Thanks for all the comments. I hope Ken gets back to us as to why the JW is on the bottom of the butt cap. Tom

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I guy I used to shoot with years ago bought a JossWest second hand off a guy in Columbus GA...beautiful four point/four veneer with some nice ivory in it. It played lights out, but needed some TLC. Guy ships it off to Bill Stroud for a refinish. Cue comes back refinished perfectly with a nice letter from Bill informing him that although it was a beautiful, well made cue he'd be proud to claim, he didn't make it. He didn't know who did, but it wasn't him. Guy was CRUSHED.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I guy I used to shoot with years ago bought a JossWest second hand off a guy in Columbus GA...beautiful four point/four veneer with some nice ivory in it. It played lights out, but needed some TLC. Guy ships it off to Bill Stroud for a refinish. Cue comes back refinished perfectly with a nice letter from Bill informing him that although it was a beautiful, well made cue he'd be proud to claim, he didn't make it. He didn't know who did, but it wasn't him. Guy was CRUSHED.

I have a similar story involving a cue that I bought and sold as a SouthWest. Difference is that Laurie's letter did not say she would have been proud to claim it. :)

In the end it all worked out.