Really not a fan of Predator "Arcrapia" equipment...

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are you guys saying the Predator tables are overpriced? They are made in Europe, not China. European products are generally more expensive than even USA made products. Yet they are cheaper than both Diamond and GC.
Per Seybert's, the Predator 7' is $500 more than a Diamond. The Diamond is far superior in quality both in materials used and construction.

tomatoshooter

I'm surprised people are finding the cloth to be slow. I've played on a few tables with predator cloth and none of them were particularly slow, some seemed like carom tables.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the prices I see.

Predator 7' MSRP is $7,000.
Predator 7' Tournament used pickup at CSI event now: $6,000.
Predator 9' MSRP: $9,000.
GC6 9' MSRP: 12,650.
I thought Diamond's were like 10k now? Especially the 9'? After their recent price increases.

1677357689806.png

1677357738282.png

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per Seybert's, the Predator 7' is $500 more than a Diamond. The Diamond is far superior in quality both in materials used and construction.
Maybe, but they bounce too much. The Predator bounce looks proper to me watching events. I've yet to play on one in person, however.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think in 10 year's time Predator will have a higher "per year sales" market than Diamond.

How did Diamond get the market share over Brunswick? Brunswick fell off the pro tour map, stopped all advertising and sponsorship. Diamond did all of that. Now, Predator is doing more sponsorship, more advertising, and hosting more events than Diamond. Plus, players (both pro and amateur), are loyal to their brand, starting from the 314 shaft in the 90's. I also thing Predator will be more able to meet demand as it grows compared to Daimond.

That's my prediction:)

*Edit, Diamond was also about half the price of GC all through the 90's and 2000's, and direct from the factory. Cost is always a huge factor in purchase decisions. Predator is now competitively priced.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe, but they bounce too much. The Predator bounce looks proper to me watching events. I've yet to play on one in person, however.
Looks to me like the tables are playing slow or at the very least the rails are inconsistent. Many a position play has come up short.

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I think in 10 year's time Predator will have a higher "per year sales" market than Diamond.

How did Diamond get the market share over Brunswick? Brunswick fell off the pro tour map, stopped all advertising and sponsorship. Diamond did all of that. Now, Predator is doing more sponsorship, more advertising, and hosting more events than Diamond. Plus, players (both pro and amateur), are loyal to their brand, starting from the 314 shaft in the 90's. I also thing Predator will be more able to meet demand as it grows compared to Daimond.

Don't know what their situation is regarding a one piece slate and easy setup, but to compete, they need to get there.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Diamond also had a high quality product. These SAM tables are no where near the level of quality of Diamond. Diamond also came up with a better mouse trap in terms of transporting and setting up tables from event to event.

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Diamond also had a high quality product. These SAM tables are no where near the level of quality of Diamond. Diamond also came up with a better mouse trap in terms of transporting and setting up tables from event to event.
In 10 years time, predator may own diamond

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going through this thread, it seems like the really bad reports are by people watching streams, not be people actually playing on the tables, or maybe I missed something.
The feedback I have gotten from friends playing at the event are:
· Tables play inconsistent
· Some roll off
· Tables are damaged (per pic I posted)
· Tables feel cheap compared to Diamonds
· They play "okay"

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The feedback I have gotten from friends playing at the event are:
· Tables play inconsistent
· Some roll off
· Tables are damaged (per pic I posted)
· Tables feel cheap compared to Diamonds
· They play "okay"
And the feedback from the derby city event was?