Reason #2147 why Safety Glasses are good

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
I was flashing a Butt with Cyno. I put the cap of the bottle when I finished like I've done hundreds of times. This time however there must have been a drop that ran down the spout. When the cap snapped, that drop of Cyno splashed me right in the glasses and on my cheek. No glasses could have easily meant a trip to the ER instead of heading out to a party now.

Always Think Safe!

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
You are a lucky man. Im glad you are ok. I believe Chris Byrne has a story similar to this, but with a less happy ending.

Joe

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cyano in the eye....I don't even want to think about that.I can't even imagine the feeling.
:eek:

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is one of the reasons that all work shop areas should be a mandatory safety glasses area. It is , at our work places here.
You just can not predict when some of these types of incidents are going to occur.
Glad you had a favourable outcome.
Neil

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
That is one of the reasons that all work shop areas should be a mandatory safety glasses area. It is , at our work places here.
You just can not predict when some of these types of incidents are going to occur.
Glad you had a favourable outcome.
Neil

I worked in a couple shops years ago and Safety Glasses were always mandatory. In a home shop its easy to dismiss it since nobody is there to bug you about it. I am lucky since I wear glasses anyway so I always have some eye protection on. I put on safety glasses that cover the bridge of my nose and the side guards when I do anything like grinding, sawing, etc.... If I am running something like say an Angle Grinder (or even a Bench Grinder) with a wire wheel?.... Full Face Shield.

Yeah, that was a good reminder on why I need them. The fumes coming off my cheek burned my eyes... I can only imagine what it would have felt like to actually get that cyno in one.

Gainey Q's

Registered
Yeah, that was a good reminder on why I need them. The fumes coming off my cheek burned my eyes... I can only imagine what it would have felt like to actually get that cyno in one.

WOW!! Close call!! Glad everything turned out positively.. Mental note to self, Safety Glasses... Got it!!!