Received my Pro 1/CTE DVD today

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
problem with a forum

This guy red repped me for a post i made last week "calling it stupid" :confused: too much :thumbup:

The problem with a forum it is one dimensional, all you can see is writing. A person thought process as he reads a post all depends on his mood, and past experiences. You can read a the same exact post from someone and it can have two different meanings to you. If you just had something good happen to you, like win the lottery the post will be upbeat. On the other side of the coin, if you you just had something bad happen, maybe a car wreck on the way to work, the same post could piss you off.

Take it with a grain of salt. It is best to give your side, your information, and let others decide if it works. I know I get caught up in the moment and don't follow this advice when I should.

Your a good man Charlie Brown.:bow-down:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here'a a question on A or B or C or B. Some shots are obvious whether they are A or B etc. But some are close enough that they could be one or the other. Anybody come up with a idea or trick for determining if it's an A or B ?
Sometimes I'll do a shot thinking it'r an A with a R and miss then try the exact shot with a B and a R and it works dead center. Thoughts or tips for determining ?

JC

Coos Cues
This guy red repped me for a post i made last week "calling it stupid" :confused: too much :thumbup:

Because the post was stupid and you know that very well. That's why you edited it's entire contents after I pointed it out to you. :nono:

My post above you may consider stupid but I bet it put a smile on more than one face.

JC

champ2107

Banned
Because the post was stupid and you know that very well. That's why you edited it's entire contents after I pointed it out to you. :nono:

My post above you may consider stupid but I bet it put a smile on more than one face.

JC

it was just a picture? and a joke to a member and i even got a green rep from him lol, I even Pm'ed you and asked why the red rep and herd nothing back from you :thumbup:

So your ok with putting a couple smiles on faces you will never meet and publicly trash a mans material and who also is well known in the pool industry? Do realize you are trashing one mans hard work in public and it is still in the marketplace only because you and some others could not understand it? delete the picture and man up

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Here'a a question on A or B or C or B. Some shots are obvious whether they are A or B etc. But some are close enough that they could be one or the other. Anybody come up with a idea or trick for determining if it's an A or B ?
Sometimes I'll do a shot thinking it'r an A with a R and miss then try the exact shot with a B and a R and it works dead center. Thoughts or tips for determining ?

That's a really good question which I have not seen a sound answer to. This is where the "experience" comes in I think. You have to remember this shot and what works and doesn't work on it. This one and several more. Ok a lot more. Make the wrong choice though and ...................you just lost.:mad:

JC

champ2107

Banned

This may help you some. I also used my cue to figure out what shot i should use. I pointed my cue directly over the cue ball and placed my tip an inch away from the object ball and imagined a ghost ball where the joint in my cue is at and i would use that exact distance to figure out the shot at almost all cb/ob distances.

and i used the below also:

If its an A or C outside pivot shot, the contact point will be "B".

if its an A or C inside pivoted shot, the contact point will be "C or A".

an outside "B" which is the hardest shot to figure out for me will have the contact point "C or A". i keep this type of shot to a minimum.

a "B" with an inside pivot will have a "A or C or possibly a 1/8" contact point.

This is not exact :) and ctel line will position you (hard to explain on here)

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jes54, CTE/pro1 has similarities with other systems in that when an OB is close to a pocket there can be multiple options. For example, When using the quarters system, let's say an OB is very close to a pocket, I could use use a 0 angle hit, or a 3/4 angle hit or even a half ball hit. But as the OB is moved out on the table and away from the pocket the choices narrow. The same is true for GB or CP or for whatever system one may be using.

Typically, there is only one good visual alignment for any shot no matter what the aiming system is.....If I discover that 2 visual alignments work, I simply choose the one that gives me center pocket if that is my goal. I work with this during my practice.

Hope this helps,

Stan

JC

Coos Cues
it was just a picture and a joke to a member, I even Pm'ed you and asked why the red rep and herd nothing back from you :thumbup:

So your ok with putting a couple smiles on faces you will never meet and publicly trash a mans material and who also is well known in the pool industry? Do realize you are trashing one mans hard work in public and it is still in the marketplace only because you and some others could not understand it? delete the picture and man up.

It's still in the marketplace because I and some others paid our hard earned money to purchase it. After I did that I have the right to review the material as I see fit where I see fit. To be perfectly honest with the forum I have now given up on this and sold the DVD to another member to try out shortly after I took that picture a while back. Hopefully using it as a coaster first didn't harm it.

JC

champ2107

Banned

JC

So your ok with putting a couple smiles on faces you will never meet and publicly trash a mans material and who also is well known in the pool industry? Do realize you are trashing one mans hard work in public and it is still in the marketplace only because you and some others could not understand it? delete the picture and man up

It's still in the marketplace because I and some others paid our hard earned money to purchase it. After I did that I have the right to review the material as I see fit where I see fit. To be perfectly honest with the forum I have now given up on this and sold the DVD to another member to try out shortly after I took that picture a while back. Hopefully using it as a coaster first didn't harm it.

JC

Reading you response to my post i now understand why you were not capable of understanding the system...enough said!

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a really good question which I have not seen a sound answer to. This is where the "experience" comes in I think. You have to remember this shot and what works and doesn't work on it. This one and several more. Ok a lot more. Make the wrong choice though and ...................you just lost.:mad:

JC

I see one of four visual alignments when at ball address and those four perceptions are all very objective. Considering there are 5000 sq. inches of playing surface and a zillion possible shots that's not too bad......It's all about objectivity and consistency.

When you are doing things with objectivity your game should be in continual refinement.

One's visual intelligence can easily handle 4 perceptions, all objective.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Champ, There are many reasons why some do not learn CTE/PRO1.

CTE/PRO1 is extremely visual and represents a new way of seeing cb ob relationships.
Some want connections with their typical way of aiming. It's different.

An aspiring learner must be determined. There has to be a desire to learn. CTE/PRO1 is not going to jump out at anyone.

Nick Varner stated multiple times in BD that aiming is and should be a lifelong pursuit.

I consider myself an expert or a master or whatever you want to call it at CTE aiming and I am still learning and working every day to improve at this game. I work on aiming almost every single day...........

I'd love to have a great pro player such as Nick or anyone else that can come in with an open mind and go through my training and report back to AZ.

Stan Shuffett

JC

Coos Cues
I see one of four 4 visual alignments when at ball address and those four perceptions are all very objective. Considering there are 5000 sq. inches of playing surface and a zillion possible shots that's not too bad......It's all about objectivity and consistency.

When you are doing things with objectivity your game should be in continual refinement.

One's visual intelligence can easily handle 4 perceptions, all objective.

Stan Shuffett

Stan you are a true professional. If I am ever in your neck of the woods or vice versa I would love to spend some time with you and try to understand better how to execute this system. The information on the DVD just did not do it for me.

JC

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan and Champ, as always I appreciate the replies and the help. It seems like it's getting easier everyday. Just helps to have clarifications and any shortcuts from other people that use it too.

champ2107

Banned
Stan and Champ, as always I appreciate the replies and the help. It seems like it's getting easier everyday. Just helps to have clarifications and any shortcuts from other people that use it too.

ask any questions you have, it will only help everyone out! I am always willing to try and give an answer out on how i see it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan you are a true professional. If I am ever in your neck of the woods or vice versa I would love to spend some time with you and try to understand better how to execute this system. The information on the DVD just did not do it for me.

JC

thanks, JC

In time you will see that all the info is on the DVD if you so choose.

Words do not teach. Diagrams do not teach. Demonstrations do not teach.

You are exactly right, the info on the DVD won't do it for you or anyone.

True learning comes from experience.

Pick out 1 simple cut shot and learn the manual version and then the pro1 version and that will lead to another and another......then your eyes will truly be learning and your body will learn as well.

Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
i started out just shooting the almost strait in shot (A or C outside pivot) and I did not attempt a "B" until i figured out the visuals and mechanics to making the almost strait in shot. When i mastered the A -C outside pivot shot i then moved to the inside pivot A - C shot and so on.

Start practicing shooting the almost strait in shots all over the table, long,med, short,less angle,more angle, don't just use stans reference shots.

added: so for an A shot you will be left of the A by 1/8 and for a C shot you will right of the C 1/8. This applies to anytime the cue ball and object ball distance is near straight-in and closer than 12.5 inches.

Maybe people are trying to learn everything at once, hard to do :) i have yet to watch the dvd from start to finish, but i have watched it like 50 times and i broke the dvd down in my own way and i new i would understand.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i started out just shooting the almost strait in shot (A or C outside pivot) and I did not attempt a "B" until i figured out the visuals and mechanics to making the almost strait in shot. When i mastered the A -C outside pivot shot i then moved to the inside A - C shot and so on.

A measure of caution here.

If a near straight-in shot has the CB and OB closer than 12.5 inches from the front of the CB to the back of an OB then a 7/8 ball overlap with CTE is used. So, a cb edge is actually aimed at 1/8 or half of the quarter. (This is only for near straight-ins. Left and right pivots still apply.)

So, be careful on the very close near zero angle shots as you will not use A or C.

Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
A measure of caution here.

If a near straight-in shot has the CB and OB closer than 12.5 inches from the front of the CB to the back of an OB then a 7/8 ball overlap with CTE is used. So, a cb edge is actually aimed at 1/8 or half of the quarter. (This is only for near straight-ins. Left and right pivots still apply.)

So, be careful on the very close near zero angle shots as you will not use A or C.

Stan Shuffett

The system is so routine for me now i don't pay attention to that, i just drop and shoot :) so for an A shot you will be left of the A by 1/8 and for a C shot you will right of the C 1/8. This applies to anytime the cue ball and object ball distance is near straight-in and closer than 12.5 inches.

Last edited:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Hi all,
Can you just ok the following.
You maintain your two visual lines and move in between the two visual lines, and with a slanted cue shaft you move in to the 1/2 tip of centre cue ball, then pivot.
Cheers :smile: