Red layered tips

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morri Ruby and Coral is reddish in color.
image.jpg

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Ultra skin fire “dust” from sanding, mixed with a little CA glue = a stain very hard to remove from a ferrule. Personal experience.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gotta say, for a certain part of the population those would be actually a bonus. I can see a young girl getting her first cue with a tip that looks like that to be more motivated to go out and play. I actually know a guy that has two daughters that he brings in every so often and I may track those down and get some for him to stick on a cheap cue for them.

What I wonder is if certain dye types and colors change the leather too much to make it hit oddly or make the leather more likely to shred and be brittle.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brand/model of cue may help to ID the tip, that looks like a pretty normal brown/reddish tip. Lots of them that color out there, including some pretty generic ones. Or just ask whoever you got the cue from.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gotta say, for a certain part of the population those would be actually a bonus. I can see a young girl getting her first cue with a tip that looks like that to be more motivated to go out and play. I actually know a guy that has two daughters that he brings in every so often and I may track those down and get some for him to stick on a cheap cue for them.

What I wonder is if certain dye types and colors change the leather too much to make it hit oddly or make the leather more likely to shred and be brittle.
They do look a bit like suede. They're on Amazon. Some are marketed by Konlen so maybe they're ok.