Refinished "Super Crown" GC IV: Thanks Mark Gregory!

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, folks...it has taken a while, but I wanted to show you guys the recent renovation to my home pool room with the addition of my "new" beauty. I am including some of the photos of the process. Special thanks to Mark Gregory for his expertise, installation and sub-rail work. He truly is what everyone says he is - a true master! The table set-up is: the corner pockets are 4 1/8, the side pockets are 4 1/2, it has Artemis cushions, Simonis 860 HR cloth, and Aramith balls. The table is tight but plays great! I really learned a lot about tables in general by spending time with Mark through this whole process, and I would recommend him 100% to anyone wanting a serious "players table". Play on AZ Buddies!

Attachments

• 100_1501.jpg
    100_1501.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 100_1502.jpg
    100_1502.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_1505.jpg
    100_1505.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_1513.jpg
    100_1513.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 521
  • 100_1514.jpg
    100_1514.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 519

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Refinished "Super Crown" GC IV continued

Here are a few more photos of the finished product!!

Attachments

• 100_1516.jpg
    100_1516.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_1518.jpg
    100_1518.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_1520.jpg
    100_1520.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 100_1521.jpg
    100_1521.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 524

Oregonmeds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really sweet restoration. I'm curious about the tight pockets and the gap between the casting sides. Would it not look right if the pockets were wide and fitted to the castings like original yet the rails stick out more, or does it have something to do with playability or keeping balls from being rejected that the pockets themselves have to be narrowed to fit the longer rails? Or for cloth wear, so it doesn't tear up prematurely?

I'd like to tighten my pockets one of these days when I can ever afford it is why I ask.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice table. May i ask why the Brunswick pockets never seems to line up with the metal fittings?
Surely there must be a marked for custom fitted leather pockets for owners of GC 1-5 tables..

Nice table. May i ask why the Brunswick pockets never seems to line up with the metal fittings?
Surely there must be a marked for custom fitted leather pockets for owners of GC 1-5 tables..

The casting lined up perfectly with the rails...the best fit I have done.
The pockets are 41/8 corners and 41/2 sides...the rubber pocket needs to be tucked in behind the facings better. I was doing 3 things at once and didn't even notice. Dave just work them in behind the shims.. The front of all the GC pockets stick out...some more than others..has nothing to do with the play of the table...sorry can't do everything right.

scruffy1

Silver Member
WOW! That thing looks awesome. Castings look great, pockt dimensions look perfect. I guarantee that thing plays great!

Now about them pockets!LOL. This is the equivalent of restoring a 67 chevy to perfection and forgetting to wipe the dust off the windshield..
As Mark said,they easily tuck in.

Great job Mark!

John Burns
Classic Billiard Service
410-935-3617

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Great job Mark, but I was just wondering how you go from looking like a back woods hick, to it looks like you're getting ready to go on that show....what's it called...HEEE HAWWW!:D:thumbup: