Attachments

• F660CFB2-18DC-47A0-A5DA-59B8EBD26EDB.jpeg
    F660CFB2-18DC-47A0-A5DA-59B8EBD26EDB.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 246

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CAUTION!! There appears to be a virus attached to one of the pages on the Proficient Billiards site in this link.
Sorry about that. I didn't get any warning for such. Thank you for the heads up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you see the arrows … they are silver and would have to be all redone ?
I think you can expect a refinish to mean they would address the clear coat and maybe even take a little bit of it off, clean it and then respray the clear coat.

Repairing inlays would be a whole 'nother ball of Wax.

Who made it, looks familiar?

PracticeChampion

I think you can expect a refinish to mean they would address the clear coat and maybe even take a little bit of it off, clean it and then respray the clear coat.

Repairing inlays would be a whole 'nother ball of Wax.

Who made it, looks familiar?
Yep...

Yeah I've seen it before on here, I think for sale or atleast one just like it

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. They do not have to be re-done (replaced)
When refinishing a cue with silver inlays, it's extra work because the silver gets polished but not with compounds or anything you think as in polishing. It's all about the prep work. Once the old finish is removed on any Cue. You treat it like a new Cue finish and follow the steps.
There is a HUGE difference is refinishing and just scuffing and spraying over!
Do you see the arrows … they are silver and would have to be all redone ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. They do not have to be re-done (replaced)
When refinishing a cue with silver inlays, it's extra work because the silver gets polished but not with compounds or anything you think as in polishing. It's all about the prep work. Once the old finish is removed on any Cue. You treat it like a new Cue finish and follow the steps.
There is a HUGE difference is refinishing and just scuffing and spraying over!
It does not surprise me one bit to read the pro way to refinish isto take ALL the clear coat off.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what cue maker can redo this butt to make it look new ??? Thnx
There is a lot more to finish than just finish.
ESPECIALLY,
When combining any metal with wood.
Michael refinished one of my cues that has metal rings. He said he could refinish it so the rings would not pop later. That was 9 years ago and the cue is still perfect. There may be others who can refinish your cue, but you won’t find better than Michael Webb.