Replacement Individual Cyclop Balls

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Anyone know where to get individual cyclop balls? My 4 ball has a crack
The company folded and they don't sell Cyclop anymore. Best bet is to find someone with a set that has a different cracked ball and buy theirs.

The 7-ball is a common one for cracking

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
its an interesting dynamic when it comes to these balls that are defective, people keep buying them,
doesnt seem to work that way when it comes to a cue or much else thats defective, they are out for blood

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The co. that made them, XinBing, is now contracted to be sole supplier of Dynasphere's. Lootjens/Dynasphere oversees production and QC. The early Cyclop did have some issues but afaik it was corrected early and they had no more issues.

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The co. that made them, XinBing, is now contracted to be sole supplier of Dynasphere's. Lootjens/Dynasphere oversees production and QC. The early Cyclop did have some issues but afaik it was corrected early and they had no more issue
Being that there is a connection between Cyclop and dynaspheres, has there been any quality issues with dynaspheres?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being that there is a connection between Cyclop and dynaspheres, has there been any quality issues with dynaspheres?
None that i've heard. All i've heard is that they're great balls. The Bronze set at around 100bux is a helluva deal imo.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
None that i've heard. All i've heard is that they're great balls. The Bronze set at around 100bux is a helluva deal imo.
I purchased the entry level set of Dynshere Tungstens. In my opinion they play nearly identical to the Cyclop balls I have. I measured and weighed the balls with a triple beam balance and a Micrometer, they were acceptable although not as accurate with each other as the Cyclop balls I measured when I first bought those. Cyclop were all with in .003 of an inch and very close in identical weight. Dynasphere ranged .005 and off just a little more in weight from one to another with in the same set.
The play well and stay cleaner for longer than my Aramith Pros and Centennials. I paid $49 with free shipping. The only gripe is the Robbin egg 2 ball on the Dynasphere ball is the same as the Cyclop 7 ball, that can be confusing when switching back and forth between sets.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the entry level set of Dynshere Tungstens. In my opinion they play nearly identical to the Cyclop balls I have. I measured and weighed the balls with a triple beam balance and a Micrometer, they were acceptable although not as accurate with each other as the Cyclop balls I measured when I first bought those. Cyclop were all with in .003 of an inch and very close in identical weight. Dynasphere ranged .005 and off just a little more in weight from one to another with in the same set.
The play well and stay cleaner for longer than my Aramith Pros and Centennials. I paid $49 with free shipping. The only gripe is the Robbin egg 2 ball on the Dynasphere ball is the same as the Cyclop 7 ball, that can be confusing when switching back and forth between sets.
I can't stand the look. I'd would spend the extra 50bux on the Bronze set. Have heard nothing but good about D'spheres.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why if you need old cyclops balls you call diamond..if you want new dynasphere balls call gabriel's...
Diamond no longer dist. them. When their stock is gone they're gone. They now use Aramith as their ball vendor. BTW, Gabriels is just one brand owned by Lootjens/HSCB and not the distributor. IIRC Championship Billiards is the main US distributor. Lots of reailers on their site and online.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Diamond no longer dist. them. When their stock is gone they're gone. They now use Aramith as their ball vendor. BTW, Gabriels is just one brand owned by Lootjens/HSCB and not the distributor. IIRC Championship Billiards is the main US distributor. Lots of reailers on their site and online.
Thought we were looking for individual used replacement cyclops balls?? I called diamond they sold me one last month...I was just trying to offer a solution to the problem...yes once they are gone there will be no more cyclops...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought we were looking for individual used replacement cyclops balls?? I called diamond they sold me one last month...I was just trying to offer a solution to the problem...yes once they are gone there will be no more cyclops...
I msg'd Chad at Diam. and he said they have 30 full sets left and some individual balls also. Email: info@diamondbilliards.com They answer pretty quik.