revo...a bangers perspective

FunChamp

Yuup. And I don't know why having other "options" so terrify maple shaft users. I got buddies that play with maple (non LD shafts) and it bothers me not one bit. Of course, why would it. But, for some reason, we soon get that regular maple was good enough for Mosconi arguments. well, I'm not fuggin Mosconi :) lol
I think what upsets Maple purists is this, if their buddies get the new tech and it improves their game, then they will feel like they themselves are not maximizing their own potential by also 'upgrading'. So it's easier to bash said new equipment.
4 years ago I went from LD back to Maple and really enjoyed it. I actually started playing better after an adjustment period. But I'm bored so I bought a 12.4 Revo last week for my Joss. I love the way it hits. Put a HOW soft on it. I use Triangles on my standard Joss shaft.
After one hour of trying it I wanted to throw it out the window and burn the pool room down. I can't make a ball. (Not that bad) definitely more energy transfer and point and shoot. My problem is on medium angle cut shots I have no idea where I'm aiming. Guessing adjusting for deflection?? I've always just aimed and pulled the trigger. Never thought about it. But I like the Revo and might keep it.

RailKing85

Purchased a Revo 11.8.
Just couldn't get completely comfortable with it.
Changed the tip out to a hard pressed Triangle and it felt a little better but couldn't get used to the taper either.
I went back to my maple shafts and will not look back.
Will be selling the Revo soon.
You always been using 11.8?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You always been using 11.8?
Nope.
12.25 with a very long taper.
The radius of the shaft did not bother me.
It was more the hit and the taper as it felt a little too conical to me.
It felt heavier too.
I weighed them both out of curiosity and the Revo was heavier.

RailKing85

Nope.
12.25 with a very long taper.
The radius of the shaft did not bother me.
It was more the hit and the taper as it felt a little too conical to me.
It felt heavier too.
I weighed them both out of curiosity and the Revo was heavier.
You use a closed bridge?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You use a closed bridge?
Both, open and closed.
Of course I only notice the difference with the closed bridge but I am not going to alter
my style of play and use only an open bridge because of the shaft when I can comfortably use either bridge
with my maple shafts.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I Used To Think CF Was The Cat's Meow But I Might Be Wrong.

Two very good players at Blue Fin Billiards told me this past week they were switching back to maple shafts and abandoning CF shafts.
One player has the Revo and the other has both Cuetec and Revo CF shafts. Both of these players are top notch performers and have
won regional tournaments and one of these guys is nationally recognized. My point is mentioning this is I am not referring to players that
are impetuous, fickle, tentative minded or unfamilar with high end cues and equipment. They are top notch players whom are extremely
knowledgeable in all aspects of pool playing and both also build and repair pool cues. In other words, neither guy is a slouch when it comes
to the game we all love so much. I don't know what the future is for CF shafts but maybe. just maybe, it will become a novelty that fades.
If CF shafts are still the craze in 2021, then the technology will have successfully passed the test of time that ultimately is the final judge.

Matt B.
To each is their own, I still love a Old growth maple shaft, especially one that I have modified to my specs. I plan on trying out a torrified one soon most likely a Hsu. I play mostly with carbon and there are pro's to both IMHO, I'd say a bit more to carbon as far as not worrying ( clean, won't change size, won't dent easily, won't warp, no taper inconstancy/taper roll, you can have multiple of the same model and they will play the same, and Power ) As far as moving the white around carbon does a bit easier some would say to easy, wood allows you to let you stroke be tame or let it out when you want moment on the cue ball, some would call that feel.

I didn't really read this in its entirety but I have the Revo 12.9 and never going back to wood. I can play with anything of course. I think I get better masse' with wood though. Anyway I was touting carbon fibre as soon as they came out when all the "pros" were being stubborn...now I see most of them are finally jumping on board.