Revo Review

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
So I've horsed around with my new Predator Revo 12.4 for the last few days.

I like the hit & the feel of the hit.
I suppose at times the sound of a hit is a little strange, but it amuses me more than anything else.

I do get much better results with my Follow & Draw shots that I ever have before.
Actually, I found I had to "ease off the accelerator" a bit because I was going much farther in both cases than I had intended.
I've heard a lot of people insist that a new cue, or a new shaft can't/won't make you play better.
IMHO, I'm playing measurably better with the Revo shaft than with my OB-1+ shaft. I'm not knocking the OB-1+ shaft, I'm very happy with it.
I've taken multiple stats & research classes in my day & the only other possible explanation is I'm also practicing/playing more than I ever have,
so that could explain some of the improvement I'm experiencing, but certainly not all of it.

As I had thought would be the case for myself, among all the other values it has and brings to my game, there's none better than I can go much longer playing without
feeling the need to wash my hands (well, really it's just my bridge hand). Either my hand doesn't perspire as much or it does, but it just doesn't cause the same "gummed up" feeling on my bridge & bridge hand. To me, that alone is worth the price...but that's just me.

The tip holds chalk unbelievably well and I've notice nothing negative from it being a "soft" tip.

I can't put a value on this cue & it's price for anyone but me. Do I wish it was less expensive? Uh, yeah!
That being said, I sort of don't mind paying the price because Predator puts a $#!+load of money into both R&D and back into the game as far as tournaments.
They're a benevolent, for-profit company. I feel good about spending money on their gear.

I'm not going to give a letter grade in consideration of the price.
Either gear delivers as promised or it doesn't.
For me, in my experience, the Revo shaft delivers as promised and beyond. Grade: A++

OK, let the flaming begin, LOL. -Z-

Attachments

• Revo Jedi Wide 2.jpg
    Revo Jedi Wide 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'm sold on the Revo. Best shaft I've ever played with.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maple shaft player here. Bought and played different LD's over the years. Favorite was the 314/2. Always back to maple.

Had the opportunity to play a Revo 2.4 Tuesday night, came home and started digging on net for one HAHA GFL. Full table it was insane. Thought everyone was hyped and crazy about this shaft until I played one. Did not feel 'hollow' nice and stiff.

Problem is ZERO available and I am probably going to need a Pred butt to attach one to as 99% are Uni-Loc. Not into dropping $1,000+ for a production cue.

For now, chill and let the dust settle.

-Kat,

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Maple shaft player here. Bought and played different LD's over the years. Favorite was the 314/2. Always back to maple.

Had the opportunity to play a Revo 2.4 Tuesday night, came home and started digging on net for one HAHA GFL. Full table it was insane. Thought everyone was hyped and crazy about this shaft until I played one. Did not feel 'hollow' nice and stiff.

Problem is ZERO available and I am probably going to need a Pred butt to attach one to as 99% are Uni-Loc. Not into dropping $1,000+ for a production cue.

For now, chill and let the dust settle.

-Kat,

Seyberts has a cue and Revo shaft for 830 delivered and they are in stock, both shaft sizes too. Just ordered one yesterday as a back up to my other Revo setup. Here's the link

https://www.seyberts.com/classico-revo-shaft-predator-sneaky-pete

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldnt go back to any wooden shaft after shooting with the revo. The feel is absolutely amazing.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldnt go back to any wooden shaft after shooting with the revo. The feel is absolutely amazing.

but but but .… wood is good, its not the arrow, its the indian, its way too much money for a plastic shaft... etc … etc … etc... :)