Revo shaft for a Cognoscenti?

oldgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 314.2 shaft for my Cognoscenti. They made them at one point with the matching ring work. Do you think they'll make a Revo that fit's? And how do you think it would hit? It also would look good since my stick is all black.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eventually they will. Why not just get an extension with your pin on the female side and the Revo pin on the male side? I just did that for a 5/16 x 14 conversion, I have several custom cues with that pin.

How will it hit? I like the Revo a lot. If you've tried it on other cues and like it, it will likely play similar on your own.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eventually they will. Why not just get an extension with your pin on the female side and the Revo pin on the male side? I just did that for a 5/16 x 14 conversion, I have several custom cues with that pin.

How will it hit? I like the Revo a lot. If you've tried it on other cues and like it, it will likely play similar on your own.

Did the same extension/cross thread for a Schon

oldgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sorry I don't understand. Can you show a picture?

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures are a pain here. I'm talking about a 2" piece that screws onto the the butt and the Revo shaft would screw onto the insert. You can purchase for $45 and get different woods.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Paul Drexler converted a Revo to accept 3/8 x 10 pin for my playing cue. He did a fantastic job. I'm glad I went this route rather than an extension. Just something to think about.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Drexler converted a Revo to accept 3/8 x 10 pin for my playing cue. He did a fantastic job. I'm glad I went this route rather than an extension. Just something to think about.

Something else to consider, having a cue maker alter the shaft voids the warranty. An extension does not.

Dont neglect this aspect in the decision making process.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Something else to consider, having a cue maker alter the shaft voids the warranty. An extension does not.

Dont neglect this aspect in the decision making process.

I'm fully aware but know the high quality of Paul's work and felt that it was worth the risk. Turns out he did an outstanding job and I love the Revo. YMMV.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done a few joint conversions on Revo shafts allready and it isn't really a big deal. Obviously easisest to start with the Radial version and I point out that Predator most likely will refuse warranty of any kind on that shaft in the future...